The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
Anyone chatted to Porsche Belfast about a 718 Cayman GT4 slot? Quite tempted by one when the PDK comes out and wondering if they will laugh me out of the place if I ask about getting on ‘the list’ :joy:

davyk31

RMS Regular
All depends on what history you have with them. Need to have bought plenty of nice stuff, trade in your old cars and service everything with them at the very least.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
You could fall lucky. A buddy of mine has driven M cars (from Bavarian) for the past 28 years and walked into Porsche and managed to blag a build slot. Deposit paid, hoping to have his in the summer.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Anyone chatted to Porsche Belfast about a 718 Cayman GT4 slot? Quite tempted by one when the PDK comes out and wondering if they will laugh me out of the place if I ask about getting on ‘the list’ :joy:
@riano
I sent you a pm.

jc7891

RMS Regular
As said above, with GT products they are hard to get, I would say all of the allocations to come will be already filled by existing customers who have had previous models or good relationships over many years

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
Yeah I'm definitely not going to beg, will have a chat with them and see what they say. I've never actually bought from them so I'm sure I don't have a chance but sure have to try and still think I would want a drive in one, even as a passenger to see what the ride is like for a DD. Saw this one for sale at Redline and it think it looks unreal....
IMG_4324.JPG
IMG_4325.JPG
IMG_4326.JPG
IMG_4327.JPG
IMG_4328.JPG
IMG_4329.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The gearing is genuinely ridiculous, but other than that it's one of the nicest Porsches for actually driving in. Not quite as full on as a gt3 but that's a good thing on real roads.

If they let it off the leash it would run circles round anything else they make. Has the engine in the right place for starters. But they won't as it would kill the 911.

So you know it will be good, but also held back and not quite as good as it could have been. Whether that matters is a different story, lol. True for most Porsches I suppose.

That said, was stuck on the M25 for 2.5 hours the other day, behind a car trailer full of Porsches. And a GT4 right at the back in front of us, red with white stripes.

Wouldn't say no! :innocent:

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
A 718 GT4 is circa £75k from factory. Second hand they will fetch circa £100k. If a bit of sweet talking is required to try get on the list, I see no issue with that. However, I’m sure the chances would be slim to zero.

jc7891

RMS Regular
A 718 GT4 is circa £75k from factory. Second hand they will fetch circa £100k. If a bit of sweet talking is required to try get on the list, I see no issue with that. However, I’m sure the chances would be slim to zero.

they will start at £75k but your not long adding 10-15k in options. Ending up over 90k on the road. Guess it depends how much you want something mind you. They are a fantastic driving car but getting one at lost will be near impossible

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

The first Gen were the exact same, as soon as they were on the used market they were +20k from the list price. That's also after they'd been used a bit too.

Ones definitely on the list for me, would love one of the first Gen

Martyn

RMS Regular

Yes, my name is on the list and I am waiting for “the call”.

The 718GT4 is not a limited edition - so everyone that wants one should get one.

The 4 litre engine will also come in the new 718 GTS 6 as a de-tunned 385 bhp car - it may be the one to go for as a daily driver.

I have my GT4 spec-ed up and it comes in at £85k.

Definitely leave between £10-15k on top of the price to finish the car.

Call in a chat to them in Porsche Belfast - you won’t need to crawl and beg for a car - they are really decent to deal with.

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
Well thats very encouraging to hear, did you just walk in, pay the £3k 'deposit' and get on the list then? GTS wouldn't interest me as it's pretty much the look of the GT4 that I want with the aggressive front and big fixed wing etc.

My spec is coming up just over £89k or £95 if I go for PCCBs The Porsche Code but they might be a bit overkill. Wondering if its possible to get PTS build slots too as I love the Miami blue one I posted but I find in person Miami looks a bit greener than that and think I'd prefer Mexico or Riviera blue. Going to see if I can get a Cayman GTS for a day to test it to see what the handling is like compared to the 911 as I'd hope the mid engine would cure some of the low speed understeer.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just a personal opinion obviously, but you don't need ceramic brakes unless you absolutely want to. Cost a fortune to replace and maintain as well for really no benefit in the real world.

And if you were actually going racing then you would be better off building up from a "standard" Cayman yourself anyway.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
I’ve heard varying reports on the pccb, most are positive tbh, the supposed life is @100k on normal road use and they a definite bonus from what I’ve seen on second hand cars come sale time and they are a box that a lot want ticked, the non pccb cars seem to hang around a while and always at a lower price, as the gt4 is more track focused the next guy might want to track if you don’t, just my thoughts and observations.

Martyn

RMS Regular
Well thats very encouraging to hear, did you just walk in, pay the £3k 'deposit' and get on the list then? GTS wouldn't interest me as it's pretty much the look of the GT4 that I want with the aggressive front and big fixed wing etc.

My spec is coming up just over £89k or £95 if I go for PCCBs The Porsche Code but they might be a bit overkill. Wondering if its possible to get PTS build slots too as I love the Miami blue one I posted but I find in person Miami looks a bit greener than that and think I'd prefer Mexico or Riviera blue. Going to see if I can get a Cayman GTS for a day to test it to see what the handling is like compared to the 911 as I'd hope the mid engine would cure some of the low speed understeer.

You don’t need to pay any money until you have been offered a build date.... to get a build date you have to declare your interest, so you need to go and visit the showroom.

Deposit is £10k btw on a GT product.

PCCB’s are a personal thing - expensive to replace if you damage them.
Your chosen spec uses standard seats - all be it 18 way - somebody wanting PCCBs will want bucket seats as well - maybe worth considering?

Choice of seats and dash covered in leather along with club sport package seem to be the dealbreakers..

PTS is not normally available in the UK cayman allocations - but you never know if you don’t ask... last time I heard they were looking £5k+ so be prepared to empty your pockets.

Last edited:

jc7891

RMS Regular
Yea PTS is up near 6k on some of the models. As you say, 2nd hand they are very spec sensitive, but as long as the full buckets are there that’s half the battle.
Each dealer will only be given a certain amount of allocation for them though so there may be a list of 15 people wanting them but they may only get 5! Suppose thats what build the desirability.

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
£5-6k for PTS means i’ll just have to make do with Miami blue as def not paying that for paint! Probably don’t need the PCCB either but I definitely wouldn’t be getting the bucket seats as i’ll be driving the car to the South of France so wouldn’t have anything but the 18 ways, also considering a 911 GT3 and would need one of them with the 18 way seats too which might be more realistic if I can’t get a build spot for a Cayman.