The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Just booked in to Simply Porsche at Beaulieu on Sep 27th. Not as big as last year due to corona, but looks like a decent event with plenty to see.

Any RMSers making the trip across or fancy tagging along for a bit of craic?

Will do some Welsh roads on the way, maybe a trip to Centre Gravity and provisionally via the Ring and Stuttgart on the way home.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Just booked in to Simply Porsche at Beaulieu on Sep 27th. Not as big as last year due to corona, but looks like a decent event with plenty to see.

Will do some Welsh roads on the way, maybe a trip to Centre Gravity and provisionally via the Ring and Stuttgart on the way home.

I would be up for that 😎

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads

be an awesome trip be tempted by simply Porsche then home

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Ok so been doing more research and seems the weekend after Beaulieu is Porschefreunde at Dinslaken. Looks like a massive event and timing works great. So may spend the whole week away now!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Perfect holiday! Take in the lakes and Wales on the way out and back, job done :cool:

Yep, Wales is on the cards for the way out!
Will have to see what way I'm coming home yet, just route planning now, my favourite bit 😂 Can do the lakes when I pop over to Hartech in Bolton though.

Trying to stay away from big hotels this time though because 'Rona

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
@gav525 Not a wheel I would have thought about putting on a 996 but works well imo.

1594289616400.png

@svensktoppen tag you just cos they're Pro-Races and I always think of your S3 when I see them.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Anyone any experience on the 991/991.2 3.0T platform? Any issues with them and are they punchy enough etc?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
If looking at Carerra's I would 100% go with a main dealer or Porsche approved for warranty - not that there is anything wrong with the engine/cars, just that they would be an expensive repair if it came around.

I would probably contact McMillan for advice or even speak to Robin at Studio Ten

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
If looking at Carerra's I would 100% go with a main dealer or Porsche approved for warranty - not that there is anything wrong with the engine/cars, just that they would be an expensive repair if it came around.

I would probably contact McMillan for advice or even speak to Robin at Studio Ten

Ill drop Robin a note.

It would be a Porsche dealer purchase or else secondary dealer purchase with Porsche warranty. Was just more advice on the engine platform itself at this stage.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
@gav525 Not a wheel I would have thought about putting on a 996 but works well imo.

View attachment 286602
@svensktoppen tag you just cos they're Pro-Races and I always think of your S3 when I see them.

Saw that yesterday and thought the same myself to be honest! Like you say, wouldn't have though a team dynamics wheel would work well. Maybe it's the yellow calipers and cage, or the black vinyl bits, but I like it!

Going off the Allegerita plan now as have seen a few of the 18" rims have ended up cracking at the end of the spokes after track use so will more than likely just put spacers on the sport designs for now, maybe a colour change or something to lift them.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy

View attachment 286602
Saw that yesterday and thought the same myself to be honest! Like you say, wouldn't have though a team dynamics wheel would work well. Maybe it's the yellow calipers and cage, or the black vinyl bits, but I like it!

Going off the Allegerita plan now as have seen a few of the 18" rims have ended up cracking at the end of the spokes after track use so will more than likely just put spacers on the sport designs for now, maybe a colour change or something to lift them.

Can't really go wrong with Pro-Race wheels. Strong, light and look great on that one above. Not expensive either (y)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Can't really go wrong with Pro-Race wheels. Strong, light and look great on that one above. Not expensive either (y)

They really are a brilliant performance wheel, go to wheel in many race series too.

I guess what puts a lot of people off is them not being OEM wheels, and not being particularly "bling".

But from a performance point of view they are outstanding. The low weight alone makes a real difference, never mind tons of space for big brakes, etc. Just so many wins.

The darker grey above really suits those wheels too.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
@Cossers It wouldn’t take you to kerb one of them!

I know! At @8k that would be an expensive mistake! I’ve seen a few quotes on here about how much guys have lost on a new car in a year so even at 8k is a lot less than most loose on a car and resale on them seem very good!

JT079

RMS Regular
Just pick this up from Ireland, 1979 sc, nice low mileages 95000 kms, Japanese import, engine top end rebuilt 5000kms ago LHD, matching Japanese engine and chassis number. Cannot wait to bring it home tomorrow. Will start a thread soon with more details. Some imperfections on both doors, rear spoiler not original. But other than that, nice solid underneath, absolutely no rust on the chassis, beautiful wheels 6 and 7, original exhausts, working heat exchange. Strike a deal with the owner, out of his four Porsche collections... a very good day.

Attachments

• 43177888-4FE5-4708-9354-771FFDDF64E7.jpeg
    43177888-4FE5-4708-9354-771FFDDF64E7.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 3777B615-F18C-4B31-A716-8EA9E58F7215.jpeg
    3777B615-F18C-4B31-A716-8EA9E58F7215.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 81