The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

AndyOz

RMS Regular
Drives
996.1 GT3 CS
Sorry lads, I got distracted trying to buy a car late yesterday...

AndyOz

RMS Regular
Drives
996.1 GT3 CS
I'll be out around Spelga car park at about 10am if anyone else is out that way....message me for MBL so can whatsapp.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Might offend the purists but I love it

FB_IMG_1601574341935.jpg

FB_IMG_1601574346794.jpg

AndyOz

RMS Regular
Drives
996.1 GT3 CS
We docked in Dublin at midnight after a huge 20 hr day. Here's the previous (one) owner saying goodbye. He's 72 and has a Cayman GTS 4.0 arriving next month... Legend..

The R does live up to the hype. The engine, exhaust, suspension tweaks and the weight saving just add up to something a bit special.

I've been trying to figure out how to keep my 987.1S but no storage so it'll be advertised. If I could keep it they'd make great pair of a gen 1 and gen 2 examples. They both offer a different driving experience. The R 'beats you up' more anyway that's for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_20201002_163119-01.jpeg
    IMG_20201002_163119-01.jpeg
    588.4 KB · Views: 128

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
We docked in Dublin at midnight after a huge 20 hr day. Here's the previous (one) owner saying goodbye. He's 72 and has a Cayman GTS 4.0 arriving next month... Legend..

The R does live up to the hype. The engine, exhaust, suspension tweaks and the weight saving just add up to something a bit special.

I've been trying to figure out how to keep my 987.1S but no storage so it'll be advertised. If I could keep it they'd make great pair of a gen 1 and gen 2 examples. They both offer a different driving experience. The R 'beats you up' more anyway that's for sure.
Awesome - health to enjoy the new motor

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4

Awesome find! Previous owner is the type you want to buy off.

Get a thread up with more pics!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter

Amazing! What a car. So much want. I would love one, or maybe a 987 Boxster Spyder 😍

Martyn

RMS Regular

Drove one of these 8 years ago - fantastic handling cars with a great exhaust note.

Contgrats on what looks like a great purchase - look forward to a few more pics.

AndyOz

RMS Regular
Drives
996.1 GT3 CS
Thanks lads.

Yeah, he's a lightly built elderly guy and obviously knows how to get in and out of bucket seats as they are like new. Passenger side one basically never sat in.
These are the carbon fibre ones from the Porsche 918 and cost mega bucks to buy over the counter now.

Its got all the right stuff: Manual, carbon buckets, Porsche Sports Exhaust, Spyder wheels, alcantara sports steering wheel, full auto A/C, Bi-xenon lights.

It's only missing Sports Chrono but I looked for one without it on purpose. I don't like the dash timer thing it comes with as stock. Chrono is just a software download that changes throttle map and tweaks the traction control (allows the back end out more). It's booked into Belfast OPC for that update and they add the dash switch as there's a blank for it already. Costs £600 but basically leaves her fully loaded...

IMG-20200925-WA0002.jpg

Screenshot_20201003-110251~01.jpg

Last edited:

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Thanks lads.

Yeah, he's a lightly built elderly guy and obviously knows how to get in and out of bucket seats as they are like new. Passenger side one basically never sat in.
These are the carbon fibre ones from the Porsche 918 and cost mega bucks to buy over the counter now.

Its got all the right stuff: Manual, carbon buckets, Porsche Sports Exhaust, Spyder wheels, alcantara sports steering wheel, full auto A/C, Bi-xenon lights.

It's only missing Sports Chrono but I looked for one without it on purpose. I don't like the dash timer thing it comes with as stock. Chrono is just a software download that changes throttle map and tweaks the traction control (allows the back end out more). It's booked into Belfast OPC for that update and they add the dash switch as there's a blank for it already. Costs £600 but basically leaves her fully loaded...

View attachment 297552
View attachment 297553
Love it! Definitely on my list, and think they are a safe place for your money at a reasonable price. Interested to hear what u think vs the Cayman S, htd

AndyOz

RMS Regular
Drives
996.1 GT3 CS
Not so subtle plug for my 2006 Cayman S now on sale - I only have room for one car in my garage and the R gets it...

Midnight Blue, Manual, 53k miles, new Pilot Sport 2's and front discs/pads a few months back. Garaged. All stock except for the front LED lights that really improve the look.