The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

MarkM

RMS Regular
Had my covid jab and wasn’t one bit well and I was grand then the next morning went on the run and plenty can vouch for that on the group chat 💬 and also was on two minds if I wanted to part with the car or not because it’s a brilliant car and also I don’t particularly want to take a loss on the car either sorry if your misses is pissed.

So you couldn’t let me know? Why lie, you’d never felt worse, you said you had COVID, not the jab ffs. I’m ****ing pissed at you, just be straight with people, not wanting to sell is fair enough, so why call me twice and get me to call Alan to vouch for the car? A loss on the car? You told me what money to bring, I didn’t squeeze you and wouldn’t have low balled either if it was as described.
Don’t ****ing lie to people, you just get found out.
235F9CAF-D71D-4AE2-BE94-EAC340A716D2.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not at all, a lad with a £4k Boxster 986 rocked up and he was having just as much craic as the 991.2 GT3 owner. He spanners on it himself...Just Drive It!!!

The £4k 986 Boxster lad has a lot more fun, guaranteed!

With very few exceptions, the 991.2 GT3 owner will be on crippling PCP payments, expensive manufacturer servicing to keep warranties up to date, incessantly worrying about putting two miles or a stone chip on it in case it means nobody will buy it, and a ridiculous PCP balloon he knows he will never ever in a million years be able to afford. And so skint after the PCP payments the he can't afford decent tyres and runs it on Hong Wei Rocking Horse III.

The Boxster lad will be out every weekend just smiling and having fun, fixing whatever goes wrong with a spanner and hammer during the week, and then off and away again without a care in the world.

:innocent: 🤫 🙃

KevM

RMS Regular
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

The Boxster lad will be out every weekend just smiling and having fun, fixing whatever goes wrong with a spanner and hammer during the week, and then off and away again without a care in the world.

That's pretty-much where I'm at. I get to enjoy the wee car when its out, with little or no anxiety, I just dont get enough time to drive the damn thing! (I keep missing the FB notifications that the runs are on too!)

Last edited:

AndyOz

RMS Regular
Drives
996.1 GT3 CS
Boxster lad was ringing that 2.7 engine out. I love seeing that!!

I make no bones that I want one...badly!! - I just need garage space.

His is the red one with ambers in the photo and cool as fook.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
My neighbour picked up a facelift 2.7 Boxster with 90k on the clock. It has the Porsche Performance exhaust and sounds class.

Tight as a drum too, I hammered it down the Peninsula and back and I want one so bad now. He only paid 6k for his the jammy bastid.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter

With very few exceptions, the 991.2 GT3 owner will be on crippling PCP payments, expensive manufacturer servicing to keep warranties up to date, incessantly worrying about putting two miles or a stone chip on it in case it means nobody will buy it, and a ridiculous PCP balloon he knows he will never ever in a million years be able to afford. And so skint after the PCP payments the he can't afford decent tyres and runs it on Hong Wei Rocking Horse III.

Nice bit of generalisation there Nick! 🤣

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
You should uprate that baler-twine drop-link to a metal one next. It'll really improve chassis control in the corners :p

well spotted, was a test fit, still was t sure it would all fit, heart in mouth moment as the calipers were special order for me! All fitted perfectly thankfully

KIbby96

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra

This is oddly specific hahaha

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That's a Tuthill race car though, classic Porsche rally people go weak at the knees at the sight of a Tuthill car.

A recent build too, basically box fresh.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken

emmet9861

Drives
992 911
Does anyone know what way Porsche react with aftermarket parts with regards to their warranty? i.e aftermarket exhaust. Thanks