The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

56oval

RMS Regular
He's been building them since the 90s!
Lol!!! 20 years of fibreglass, Mastic and self tappers. That's progress :p
Obviously there's plenty out there who like his stuff, the jury is out for me.

Meanwhile in Milan, my mates garage this morning.

20170208_154748.png

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
The Rauh Welt stuff is outstanding ... an acquired taste but the quality looks great. You can tell this isn't just cheap kits.

IMG_0137.JPG

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
@ChrisL - see that 964 is nice! Don't get me wrong I like modified, but RWB upsets me. I get it when he was chopping up rough cars to begin with, but now it's all about getting social media likes for people. And particularly some of the early work was not very good quality. I guess if you look at it solely as him fitting some fibreglass and suspension parts, then leaving the owner to tidy it up, paint it etc, then fine, but $20k+ for a bodykit seems nuts to me.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
@ChrisL - see that 964 is nice! Don't get me wrong I like modified, but RWB upsets me. I get it when he was chopping up rough cars to begin with, but now it's all about getting social media likes for people. And particularly some of the early work was not very good quality. I guess if you look at it solely as him fitting some fibreglass and suspension parts, then leaving the owner to tidy it up, paint it etc, then fine, but $20k+ for a bodykit seems nuts to me.

Dont get my wrong I know where you are coming from. The green one I posted above suits me to a tee and I could see myself driving about daily in something like that. However if id the money id have a RWB one in the garage, mainly just to oogle at lol But big kits like that do carry the marmite factor, I just think something that mad has to be admired.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Yeah saw that car at the PCGB day at Cultra when he had literally just got home to NI. It is stunning. Serious attention to detail. Serious bucks too!