"The Breakfast Club" for mental health awareness.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Decent turnout this morning. Thanks for the cooking @56oval.

Good to meet a few new faces. Hopefully there’s another one. (y)

Loved this.

491A8C0B-1FCD-422A-B7B4-958E32E88FC3.jpeg

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Sorry i'm only just managing to respond here folks, straight into family duties as soon as i got home and have only just sat down.

Thank you so much to all those who attended, brought food and beverages and put their good foot forward.

i was stuck behind the bbq all morning so didn't get much of a chance to catch up with you all but i was delighted to hear the carpark buzzing with chatter and laughter, it really was lovely to hear so many people just getting stuck in and talking all sorts, power to you all.

When i decided to do this, it was billed as "The breakfast club for mental health awareness"

Now i'm unsure wether i have given people the wrong impression, i sincerely hope i haven't.

This morning was for you folks to come and get your heads showered, get fed and watered and generally have some conversation and contact that takes you out of your own mind for a few hours.

I never billed it to be for charity, but for us and those who may need the break, I said any donations towards food would be most welcome.

Here's the latest.

£475 donated by those who turned out this morning.

I am gobsmacked and somewhat bewildered if i'm honest. £100 would have had us covered and if everyone put £2 tops into the pot we would have been easily there.

So what to do?

We will roll some of the money over to pay for the next one, then we will collectively find a suitable charity for mental health that is local to Craigavon ( where the event took place ) where we will donate the rest of the money.

I sincerely hope this is ok with you guys. Again, i wouldn't want anyone thinking they had been misled.

Once again, thank you one and all.

Shall we do it again?

Ben.

Last edited:

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Sounds like an amazing morning and well done to everyone that was involved. I love the idea of this Ben and I genuinely hope you do another one before Christmas as I would like to get over to it.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I 100% think it should be a regular thing @56oval, I hope someone (even if it was only one person) took something from today and left happier and more content. Today was brilliant, well done to you especially and all the others who pitched in to help. It was great to put a few faces to a few names and catch up with a few old forum members I haven't seen in absolute years.

One thing I would say, is that it should maybe move around the province. I knew folks who could have benefited from today but just "couldn't be bothered" driving that far. I know it will never be on everyones doorstep, but slightly closer might reach out to one or 2 more.

Few pics from today here: The Breakfast Club #1 | Facebook

And here are a select few for those without FB or whatever;

DharriganImages -image1-4745.jpg
DharriganImages -image1-4747.jpg
DharriganImages -image1-4750.jpg
DharriganImages -image1-4757.jpg
DharriganImages -image1-4775.jpg
DharriganImages -image1-4780.jpg

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
I landed in late with the wife and 2 kids. Wife hasnt a clue about motors apart from their colour but after it was over she asked me when the next one was happening! Definitely a top morning and set us up for the day. Roll on the next one i say. Looking forward to it already

Gemma

RMS Regular
Amazing turn out! Glad everyone enjoyed themselves. Gutted I couldn't get but work calls :worried:

I don't think for a single second that anyone thought they were being misled @56oval

Any coffee meets I go to, I usually spend like £10 on coffee, so throwing you a couple of quid to cover food and supplies is nothing.
I also think everyone will be happy enough for you to use it for the next one(as it was such a great turnout) and donating the rest to a mental health charity

What turned out to be a bit of bant and good craic and maybe a one off has turned into something potentially once a month meet that everyone will look forward too!

Hats of to you :grinning:

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
I really enjoyed the chat and cars yesterday; it's the first RMS event I've attended and won't be the last. I can even remember 7 names which is a record since I turned 50. Hopefully have another meet in December.

Sorry for the tame exit in the R8 - ECU enforced 6k rev limit until warm; probably a good thing. Cheers, Steve

rms portdaown (3).jpg

Last edited:

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I really enjoyed the chat and cars yesterday; it's the first RMS event I've attended and won't be the last. I can even remember 7 names which is a record since I turned 50. Hopefully have another meet in December.

Sorry for the tame exit in the R8 - ECU enforced 6k rev limit until warm; probably a good thing. Cheers, Steve

Lovely car you have and sounds really nice. Next time I will say hello as already mentioned it’s abit scary first time round.

Jonny

RMS Regular

Lovely to meet you Steve. Car is stunning.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Gutted I didn't make it to this. Decided to stay at home on the promise of two people coming to view the car....they never arrived. Ragin! Would far rather have took a wee spin out for a chat and to clear my head. Maybe get to the next one. Looked a great turn out and would be nice to put to a few faces to names on here too

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.