The Collecting Cars Podcast - with Chris Harris

simy

RMS Regular
Content is good, but sound quality is terrible.
The Seen Through Glass one was an interesting discussion about old school journalism vs you-tubers.
The recent Harry Metcalfe one was fascinating about the launch of EVO magazine.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Harry has it in spades! Some character.
Really interesting guy, could see him writing a book about his experiences and I for one would be buying it. It also interesting that’s Felix Dennis was the one who bought Evo, I have his book I must dig out and give it another read.

it’s also funny that PistonHeads was a successor to the Evo forums, and still going strong with yet another new owner recently.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Listened to the Harry Metcalfe programme earlier there while I was making the dinner, he has some cajones. As with all successful businessmen, he saw an opportunity, saw how he could take advantage of it and had the guile to do it. Fair play to him.
I'm a bit of a Harry fanboy anyway, subscribed to EVO for years, still have some of their ECoTY videos saved on old hard drives from the early 00's. It was great devouring an EVO group test story when I was on a plane to and from work. He is such a good presenter, I've even started watching his farm series as all my uncles on both sides of the family had farms and I used to work on them during the summers when I was a kid.

Marc

RMS Moderator
A other great one was with David the McLaren sales guy, can’t remember his name off the top of my head, but I reckon he has had a super interesting life.