The Collecting Cars Podcast - with Chris Harris

simy

RMS Regular
Content is good, but sound quality is terrible.
The Seen Through Glass one was an interesting discussion about old school journalism vs you-tubers.
The recent Harry Metcalfe one was fascinating about the launch of EVO magazine.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Good podcast, Ed Lovett doesn't add much to it at all though. Richard Porter one was fantastic.

Marc

RMS Moderator
I really enjoyed a recent one with Chris Harris and Harry Metclafe and how he started Evo etc, big gamble that paid off for him. Quarter of a million was the number he mentioned to get the first couple of months mags published.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I really enjoyed a recent one with Chris Harris and Harry Metclafe and how he started Evo etc, big gamble that paid off for him. Quarter of a million was the number he mentioned to get the first couple of months mags published.
Harry has it in spades! Some character.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Harry has it in spades! Some character.

Really interesting guy, could see him writing a book about his experiences and I for one would be buying it. It also interesting that’s Felix Dennis was the one who bought Evo, I have his book I must dig out and give it another read.

it’s also funny that PistonHeads was a successor to the Evo forums, and still going strong with yet another new owner recently.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Listened to the Harry Metcalfe programme earlier there while I was making the dinner, he has some cajones. As with all successful businessmen, he saw an opportunity, saw how he could take advantage of it and had the guile to do it. Fair play to him.
I'm a bit of a Harry fanboy anyway, subscribed to EVO for years, still have some of their ECoTY videos saved on old hard drives from the early 00's. It was great devouring an EVO group test story when I was on a plane to and from work. He is such a good presenter, I've even started watching his farm series as all my uncles on both sides of the family had farms and I used to work on them during the summers when I was a kid.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Thanks for the heads up. Have subscribed to these. A nice change from the audio books on the commute to DUBLIN

Marc

RMS Moderator
Another great one was with David the McLaren sales guy, can’t remember his name off the top of my head, but I reckon he has had a super interesting life.

Last edited:

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Brilliant podcasts, the latest one with Chris Goodwin is another really interesting one in how he became McLaren test driver!

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Started listening to them thanks to this thread
I really enjoyed the David Clark one. All the f1 talk reminded me how beautiful the long tail was
34FA51AE-73CC-466C-AE3F-B5B77F4CF1EE.jpeg

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Started listening to Drivetribe. Not as good as Harris & co but I'm only on their 3rd ever episode as of last July or so.

Didn't realise Drivetribe existed until the other day, apparently created by Clarkson/Hammond & May, they have an app too, worth a look!

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Been listening to the episode with Nicky Grist. Over 3 hours long and just a great story teller. If you enjoyed the good old days of rally this will give you them feels

Just caught up on this being back to work. Fantastic episode, pondering re-listening it was so good.

Reactions: ALN