The end of road racing ?

zafturbo

RMS Regular
So with the cancellation of all road racing this year in NI ,is the the start of road racing finishing totally .

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Unfortunately I think it is.
I don't think anyone who would want road racing banned had the balls to say it over here. They are happy for the insurance industry to do it for them.
It has basically been banned by economics.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
I think it could be unless someone figures out how to pay the Insurance.

My dad would be devastated if he was still alive. There wasn't a race he didn't go to and thoroughly enjoyed everyone of them.

There will be a lot of very disappointed people throughout the country and further afield.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Knock on effect will be rallying next.

Not even comparable.

How many die each year in rallying here ? or indeed any other sport ?

Like it or not....road racing here is truly lethal, especially given how much power etc the bikes now have.

But with the drive against all things fossil fuel.......there will be those assholes everywhere, who push to get anything enjoyable banned, like rallying, motorsport. Many people supporting such things....need to be careful about the knock on repercussions further down the line.
The same people will push for an end of all motorsport.

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
guy in work races motocross and was saying his season is on hold at the min as the insurance has massively went up too

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Nothing to do with deaths @stevieturbo it down to insurance, lurgan park struggles and its only a matter of time before insurance co’s do the same with rallying

deaths cost money ?

Why would any insurance company want to be involved with that ?

It will surely have a massive impact on the actual fixed circuits here though ? There's a fair few bike races isn't there ?