The Grand Tour Season 1 Ep 1: The Holy Trinity (now live on Amazon)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
FA041031-3BEC-4F65-AD9A-6860540AC7FF_zpsaq2cwz6r.jpg

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I do worry though as to the feasibility of big budget productions was so many people circumvent the process, that cannot be sustainable surely and it's only going to get worse ???

Nah you just have to get to the right balance. The music industry is doing just fine now we have iTunes and Spotify.

It just took them so long to catch up to the Napsters and Kazaas. Netflix and Amazon will do the same for video.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I thought it was okay, all seemed nervous. TG was sh1t at the start so this should improve with age.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Thought it was very good, spent quite a bit of time laughing

Maybe a bit too long in the studio talking, would have preferred less of this.

Didn't like the American doing the track stuff.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
So glad the Porsche won, definitely the one for me

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
I'm going to be the odd one out and say I wasn't to impressed with it. I thought it would have been totally different. Hopefully I'll enjoy the next few episodes better.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Really enjoyed that, and normally the tests of super cars bore me, but that was great. Apparently the intro cost £2.5 million

Cess

RMS Staff
Agree with @Mark King

I thought it would have been more of a leap forward from Top Gear, because it was all a bit Top Gear. Maybe this will come in future episodes. Incredible production values. Looks and sounds wonderful.

Last edited:

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I did in enjoy it, much of it to be expected, the track is very make shift. Did laugh several times, especially whenhe near lost the P1, reminded me of when he spun the M135 :laughing:

Reactions: dub

Dave..

RMS Regular
I'm going to be the odd one out and say I wasn't to impressed with it. I thought it would have been totally different. Hopefully I'll enjoy the next few episodes better.
No I thought the same but hopefully it improves

MarkM

RMS Regular
Not ground breaking, more of the same = happy me, how could you not enjoy those three hyper cars being hammered round a track :cool:

Bryan

RMS Regular
Fantastic first episode. Really looking forward to the rest. Thoroughly enjoyed seeing the red, white and blue Mustangs and the entire intro.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Just watched it tonight there, brother was able to download it onto his iPad and we watched it through Apple TV. I also downloaded it on my mobile just for curiosity.

Thought the show was brilliant. Few irritating bits but the was just to do with the Americans mainly :p

Nope, all manly here. :p

coling2005

RMS Regular
Drives
Altea, ATR, CRX
Watched it tonight, thought the introduction was great with the backing track and mustangs.
Will be interesting to see how the 'local' audience in each of the locations works out. Wasn't sure where the whole celebrity star thing was going though? Was it a mock of the BBC top gear star? Was never my favourite part anyway.
Good to have the 3 of them back on doing what they do best

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Watched it tonight, thought the introduction was great with the backing track and mustangs.
Will be interesting to see how the 'local' audience in each of the locations works out. Wasn't sure where the whole celebrity star thing was going though? Was it a mock of the BBC top gear star? Was never my favourite part anyway.
Good to have the 3 of them back on doing what they do best
Yes they were kinda mocking it, also I think that one of the things they aren't allowed to do

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.