The Grand Tour - Season 3 - December 2019

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Good episode that! I'm sure the Evo forums are absolutely lit! :laughing:
I’m sure lol it looked pretty clean at the start.

I think that final glance back from the plane by May was kinda ‘sorry about that evo’

I don’t think it was their plan to ruin any of the cars lol it was a big shunt at the start

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Brilliant episode, even she enjoyed parts of it. Love the noise of the RS4. That was some proper shunt that May had!

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
RIP Evo.😭

I absolutely loved the Impreza though. That would have been my car of choice too.

Sat around watching it with a few mates which always enhances the experience. Felt like childhood when we used to go to eachothers houses with a munch, to watch Top Gear on a Sunday. Ah good times. Good episode👍🏻

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Was a gd watch, great to see them back more like back in the day 👍 wonder was the lake incident real? Jesus that would be scary if it was

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Just finished watching it with a few beers loved it good episode that looked properly sore and a big hit in the evo. Subaru would be my choice too as much as I like an rs 4 I would love a Subaru some day.

The lake incident had to be real surely it would be far too dangerous to try and plan something like that.

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
the evo will turn up in somebody's second-hand car lot as never been abused:joy:, rs4 was brilliant just like that episode.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
May has to repatriate the Evo & get it fixed. He loved that motor!

KevM

RMS Regular
I'm really surprised he threw it in sideways. I thought May would have 100% stood on the brakes, closed his eyes & went dead ahead!

I'm all in for a bit of driving antics myself, but that's a challenge I really wouldn't have fancied trying, that's for sure.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I'm really surprised he threw it in sideways. I thought May would have 100% stood on the brakes, closed his eyes & went dead ahead!

I'm all in for a bit of driving antics myself, but that's a challenge I really wouldn't have fancied trying, that's for sure.
Could have been very nasty if it had been head on surely

MarkM

RMS Regular
I think he was trying to turn left into the other tunnel more than just throwing it sideways

Last edited:

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news

I think it was just a moment of pure panic and as been said he tried to steer down the other tunnel.

I was surprised at it actually happening at all. I thought it would have been measured out, practiced before hand and breaking points etc put up to stop a crash like that even happening.

KevM

RMS Regular
Oh for sure, but I didn't think he'd even have it in him to try to react.

On one of the runs, I thought I saw two red lights either side of the track, which could have been used to Indicate a braking point, but it was too early & they went through it flat!!

c_rad

RMS Regular
Best episode in a long time. As said before, May's shunt was a big one. I don't think the breaking through the ice was planned either, just a random thing! The recovery method was quite cool.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Couldn’t help think they could’ve pulled the car out from the front instead of rear though saving the cars engine going under

Reactions: dub

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Where they on studded tyres and driving on concrete? Surely that’s a bad mix, it was some smack I let out a ****me when it happened as i definitely wasn’t expecting it. Clarkson just about got stopped too, it looked all over the show under braking.