The Land Rover/ Range Rover appreciation thread

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
The dealer wanted I think 2 grand for 2 years but the reviews on the RAC warranty were shocking so I didn’t go for it

Tho tbf they paid out no bother for the handbrake issue. Dunno if it’s because the dealers 3 month warranty tho
Use warranty direct or motor easy

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Do you need to programme the tyre pressure monitoring valves if you swap the wheels about or do they recognise what corner of the car they are on without programming?

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
As far as I know they talk to the car to determine position. As least they do on BMW’s. Can’t see it needing programmed as Tyre dealers wouldn’t be able to change wheels then

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
OP
Nickyyy
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Having a bit of an issue with my Rangie which started on Friday, was driving home and turned the car off, heard a big hissing sound, not dissmiliar to a sound you'd hear if you left the connector on an airline open, the rangie was hissing from the front left, and within about 30 seconds it was low on the front left, so thought the air spring had went. Turned it back on, it inflated again in no time and then when I turned it off, no hissing sound, the car was fine for a day

On Sunday, drove to my parents and it did the same thing, came back and was ok, then last night it kept saying suspension lowered, and wouldnt raise up. I left it for an hour and came back and it worked fine. Raised up, no noise from any of the springs, raises and lowers fine.

Not sure what's wrong, I'm thinking either a valve is stuck open/closed or some sort of ECU fault, tried to scan it but no issues came up.

Here's two photos, both nearly 24hrs apart, and I left it in the high setting, as you can see the suspension hasn't moved a bit. So not sure if its a problem with the bag being burst as you'd think of a full day sitting you'd see it sag.

1E9A0B7B-791B-474C-824C-976818D921EE.jpeg

4B7B8B66-B087-41A0-9A6F-D6DD50497B59.jpeg

I stuck it on the charger and will leave it over night, its not being driven too much atm, short journeys, so might be a low voltage thing? Who knows..

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
I hadn't moved mine from Oct and needless to say the battery was stone flat. After an overnight charge it started straight away and done the obligatory 'Air Suspension Inactive' until I turned the wheel from left to right and it just flew up on it's own. I hadn't tried to raise the height and thank christ I had drove it out from underneath the loft in the garage before I turned the wheel or the roof would have been in *****!

It scared the crap out of me. But I let it warm up, put it into Drive and wafted about for an hour or so. Still driving perfectly and the gearbox was money well spent, the shifts are seamless. Nothing beats them and they still have such road presence. I honestly don't think I'll ever sell it.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Aye the first time you see the AIR SUSP INACTIVE and hear the bong your wallet starts whimpering 😂

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Whilst it hasn’t stopped driving yet, my Disco now displays a Christmas tree at start up. Failing compressor and now alternator. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Had no real plans to buy one, but always had a soft spot for them and came up for sale locally at a gd price so we snapped it up yesterday, 1979 series 3 with the 2 1/4 petrol.

DDBBFD53-EB25-4E27-9F1F-9903DF71C0B2.jpeg

11 years older than the defender we had and this has barely any rust compared to the defender that had barely anything but rust, only real plans is to tidy it up and carry out some maintenance as it hasn’t moved much over the last large number of years.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Had no real plans to buy one, but always had a soft spot for them and came up for sale locally at a gd price so we snapped it up yesterday, 1979 series 3 with the 2 1/4 petrol.

View attachment 319370

11 years older than the defender we had and this has barely any rust compared to the defender that had barely anything but rust, only real plans is to tidy it up and carry out some maintenance as it hasn’t moved much over the last large number of years.
I had the same engine in my 72 Lightweight, I put electronic ignition on it and it ran so much better.
Yours looks in good shape.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
I had the same engine in my 72 Lightweight, I put electronic ignition on it and it ran so much better.
Yours looks in good shape.
Class not many lightweights about, its the 1st carb's car I've had so all new to me really, she is running pretty lumpy atm tbh but putting that down to sitting for so long, will have to read up on that and see. Uck plenty of bangs on her and rough round the edges but think that's how they should be haha but not rotting away was my main want and from what I've seen so far its gd that way. Just so fun tbh.

redxl77

RMS Regular

View attachment 319370

Suggest you put a canvas on it? It will feel better to drive, slightly nippier etc with that weight removed and generally better craic all round, especially in being a not-everyday car.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Suggest you put a canvas on it? It will feel better to drive, slightly nippier etc with that weight removed and generally better craic all round, especially in being a not-everyday car.

yeah we've talked about it come the summer but trying my best to not do my usual and buy 20 accessories for it before its even serviced haha