The Land Rover/ Range Rover appreciation thread

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Saw one the other week in Newcastle with all the bells and outdoor whistles - had that foldable ladder on the side lol

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Urban Automotive 5.0 V8 up on McKinney competitions looks mighty
B6592854-E41F-431A-8037-45F338464F88.jpeg

it_carwasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche
Yes definitely excited about it now, been a good few months!
It’s a colour called Silicon Silver, one of their premium colours. Looks less brown in real life. Spec wise, it a D200 110 SE, 3.0 6cyl diesel, with 7 seats and a few extras
Lovely job, we have just ordered one to replace my Macan. The wait begins….. my wife really enjoyed driving it, so tick of approval 👍

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Lovely job, we have just ordered one to replace my Macan. The wait begins….. my wife really enjoyed driving it, so tick of approval 👍
Good man, what have you decided on? I've a D250 XS ordered, due to be here in a few months time. I'm hoping market still strong and can trade in at no cost.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Selling yourself rather than trading in should yield better results although imagine any ad you put up will get a lot of trade interested if priced appropriately. Given the wait times it would sell quickly to someone a but impatient.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Selling yourself rather than trading in should yield better results although imagine any ad you put up will get a lot of trade interested if priced appropriately. Given the wait times it would sell quickly to someone a but impatient.
It would and I’d consider it too.

davyk31

RMS Regular
What’s the wait time like on a Defender. My wife likes them but I’m not just so convinced as yet. It doesn’t seem long @saxo_man since you were talking about taking this car and ordering another so maybe it’s not a ridiculous long time.

I did make an enquiry with Donnelly and the responses to emails have been pretty non existent or needed a few chase ups to get anything back. Last message when I was trying to arrange a test drive hasn’t been replied to. Having said that I am also enquiring with Porsche and also Mercedes for someone else and the response times have been similarly poor. They must all be mega busy selling cars or couldn’t really care.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
What’s the wait time like on a Defender. My wife likes them but I’m not just so convinced as yet. It doesn’t seem long @saxo_man since you were talking about taking this car and ordering another so maybe it’s not a ridiculous long time.

I did make an enquiry with Donnelly and the responses to emails have been pretty non existent or needed a few chase ups to get anything back. Last message when I was trying to arrange a test drive hasn’t been replied to. Having said that I am also enquiring with Porsche and also Mercedes for someone else and the response times have been similarly poor. They must all be mega busy selling cars or couldn’t really care.
The dealer I’m using isn’t taking any more orders for the defender, and told me any existing recent orders won’t be delivered until 2023.

I waited 7 months for my car, ordered 3rd June 2021, wasn’t plain sailing but overall I’m happy.

I placed a 2nd order in October, under the MY22 model at that time. I anticipated strong residual values and wanted to get the new order slot booked. LR since moved all open orders to MY23. My MY22 order was moved to MY23 but I received a ‘price protection’ discount because of this - working out at 2.5%. I’ve been told the new order will definitely be delivered this year.

The car Im collecting next week doesn’t exist any more on the configurator, as the new MY23 configurator is a lot more limited. I’ve went for an XS this time because it has a lot of the kit I want as a standard feature.

I’m going to be in next week, I can say to the sales guy to get in touch with you. I know you shouldn’t have to chase up, but I’ve found them ok, so hopefully just an oversight. I have a whatsapp number for my sales guy and he is good at replying.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
When I was looking for replacements for the P* a few months ago I tried contacting a number of local dealers about cars they had advertised. Not a single one replied. Not even the likes of Hurst. You'd think they could at least have the courtesy to return a "bleep off" if they don't want to talk to you for whatever reason, but no. Flippin' lazy but hey, obviously sell enough without having to make an effort...

Ended up buying in England instead as usual. Where most are helpful and happy to answer questions and follow up on queries, etc. Even one of those god-awful "car supermarket" places, lol.

I think it's a local thing. Can't be bothered spending money with people who won't make an effort. Or all the NI "secret handshake" balls. If they can't be bothered making a sale just imagine what any after sales service will be like...

It's not just cars either in my experience.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I made an inquiry with Donnelly motor store earlier in the year and had a response the following morning. I’m not going to say what car it was as I’ll get banned from RMS 🤣🤣

it_carwasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche
Hey all, I must say Donnelly’s where excellent (so far), wait is 6-9 months, but not holding my breath as I think it may be 12 months as the old chip issues are occurring and all dealers globally have wait lists. Going D300 HSE X Dynamic, it seems the higher spec get precedence - but who knows.

My mate has a P400 X and it is some job, he picked up a demo last year before all the real madness kicked in.

RevT

RMS Regular
When I was looking for replacements for the P* a few months ago I tried contacting a number of local dealers about cars they had advertised. Not a single one replied. Not even the likes of Hurst. You'd think they could at least have the courtesy to return a "bleep off" if they don't want to talk to you for whatever reason, but no. Flippin' lazy but hey, obviously sell enough without having to make an effort...

Ended up buying in England instead as usual. Where most are helpful and happy to answer questions and follow up on queries, etc. Even one of those god-awful "car supermarket" places, lol.

I think it's a local thing. Can't be bothered spending money with people who won't make an effort. Or all the NI "secret handshake" balls. If they can't be bothered making a sale just imagine what any after sales service will be like...

It's not just cars either in my experience.

Or look at some of the threads recently posted on here? It would maybe give you an idea why dealers are ignorant or not interested alot of the time. And apparently we’re car people on here with some sort of sense when it comes to them.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Hey all, I must say Donnelly’s where excellent (so far), wait is 6-9 months, but not holding my breath as I think it may be 12 months as the old chip issues are occurring and all dealers globally have wait lists. Going D300 HSE X Dynamic, it seems the higher spec get precedence - but who knows.

My mate has a P400 X and it is some job, he picked up a demo last year before all the real madness kicked in.
Nice spec, not much left out there! There are people waiting longer than me, but I got allocated a cancellation slot early on

it_carwasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche
Nice spec, not much left out there! There are people waiting longer than me, but I got allocated a cancellation slot early on
Great job for kids, bikes, day trips, beach boards, bbq stuff - rugged and I still think good value as the finish is good, albeit high end industrial.

Wait and see what happens - happy to wait and save the pennies

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. People are buying up anything "classic" at the moment. Plus general Covid inflation in top.

But agree, wouldn't pay 40k for an old defender myself, lol 😅