The Land Rover/ Range Rover appreciation thread

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Wait times/Deliverys/slots seem to be hit and miss currently. Some stuff being pushed out and others built first, with no rhyme or reason, i know for a while there was sort of a "list" of spec that potentially added certain delays depending on what options etc though dont think that still applys currently it was early on in the shortage!. Were getting daily deliverys of defenders in atm all sold obviously! Used prices are threw the roof atm! as your very lucky if you manage to order a new one without a major wait! As well as Old defenders prices are a fortune, i thought our 110 (above) at 53k was pricy! but seeing others on the market (specter replica one for example) its not to bad imo concidering its only 33k miles! Though we had another 110 last year similar price 50k, base spec one but VERY VERY low miles, we could have sold it 10 times over the first day it went live! Montalcino red isnt everyones favourite colour which wont help it!

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Yea I’m very very sad I’ll never own a defender but I’m getting to drive one occasionally in work so that’s at least something.

I like that red too but I think the only colour for one is green. I’d be happy with one any colour.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I would go anywhere but Donnelly’s, they are woeful sales wise esp Lane Rover, the think they can sell on their name.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Alot of the Donnelly staff has changed in the past year or 2, same sales guys right enough but under different management etc. Service team etc has all changed, work shop staff and valeting dept, has all changed some for better some for worse.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Anyone able to access values for a discovery 3.

Dad's one is 2005 SE model with 230k on it and can't see anything else with similar miles and age, autotrader doesn't value it as it's more than 15 years old.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Donnellys quota i believe is full for defender orders for this year. I’ve only done 150 miles in mine but already loving it.

Are Hurst likely to have any more availability do you think? Have to say I found Donnelly’s very friendly and helpful.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Haven’t watched that yet so will give it a look.
What is the spec of the new one you have ordered?

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Discovery 4 vs E70 X5 - Opinions?
I’m a LR fan and no experience of an X5 but for a practical family car, D4. There were some posts on here earlier this week about the X5 ride quality not being that good. I guess it depends what you want the vehicle to do or what suits your driving.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
OP
Nickyyy
Drives
RS6 / DC2
That’s the rangie sold to the first viewer.

I’m very glad I did it. And I’m glad I didn’t listen to people telling me not to due to potential issues. My ownership was an absolute joy. You get a lot of car for your money so if you are on the fence about getting one I say go for it. Worst comes to worst you can always sell it as the market for them is strong

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
That’s the rangie sold to the first viewer.

I’m very glad I did it. And I’m glad I didn’t listen to people telling me not to due to potential issues. My ownership was an absolute joy. You get a lot of car for your money so if you are on the fence about getting one I say go for it. Worst comes to worst you can always sell it as the market for them is strong

What's replacing it out of interest?

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
Just get an equivalent XC90 or XC60, much better real life car than either of them :innocent:

We have an XC90 and it is a fantastic all rounder. TBH I'd struggle to replace it with something as capable.
My folks had a few LR products and their reliability was sometimes questionable.