RMS Regular
:heart_eyes: defender X
58B4F09C-3BFC-4FEC-9E58-A02872BF35C6.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's a massive car the new Defender, even makes an XC90 look compact, lol 😅

That's one of the reasons I'd prefer the two-door myself, looks less Discovery too. But obviously four doors is more practical for most people.

In so far as you can use the word "practical" in any real sense of the word next to these cars :innocent:

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
It's a massive car the new Defender, even makes an XC90 look compact, lol 😅

That's one of the reasons I'd prefer the two-door myself, looks less Discovery too. But obviously four doors is more practical for most people.

In so far as you can use the word "practical" in any real sense of the word next to these cars :innocent:
That’s the issue I have with the 5 door just looks like another jeep.

The 2 door on steel wheels looks far better.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
They come in "basic", "x-dynamic", and "x".

Just trim packages.

Then 90/110 sizes (2/4 door).

And finally a selection of engines.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Within the X Dynamic trim you also then get S, SE and HSE. Then also maybe 3 engines and 2 body styles.

Need a degree to figure it all out.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
All the off road ability stuff.

To be honest I spent a lot of time on the configurator from May until September. The choices and options changed on a weekly basis for the MY22 model. You could spec up a certain car and then a week later discover that those options are no longer possible. But there was fair bit of choice for the MY22 car compared to now. When it moved to MY23, the options have become much more thinned out. For example leather seats arent available now in some models.

As Sven says you basically start by choosing either commercial or normal, and either 90 or 110. After that you choose the trim level. @davyk31 the X does include all the off-road stuff as standard. I specd mine with the same Electronic Active Differential because it cant be retrofitted, but just the standard terrain response software as it's adequate. The XS is probably the best balance between spec and price if you dont mind the colour coded bits.

davyk31

RMS Regular
The XS does look a decent spec but you can’t get the D300 engine in it, just the D250, a petrol and a hybrid.