The Land Rover/ Range Rover appreciation thread

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Only early models had the option of td6. The last of them like mine are nice with the digital dash etc. The 3.6tdv8 is more reliable than the 4.4tdv8. 4.4 is more frugal though (lol if you can call any of them that) Heated steering wheel is something I would have thought was a gimmick until I had it, never off now 😂

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Cheap wagon for someone...

0B5C522C-AA4F-4FA1-9117-E22F5ABCC4D1.jpeg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Anybody that wants to get a reliable one get the 4 4 Jag V8(AJ)

Though as Pete said 3.6 TDV8 is also very good, I just hate diesel. Not much in it MPG wise anyways, though if I was to buy again I'd go 5.0 Supercharged V8. 4.2 is also a good motor.

I really really want a new shape L405 as they're so cheap now, but have so many mates had so many problems with electrics and computers I can't see it happening any time soon, which is a shame as I think they look class. One mate had his on the road for 3 months out of 12 there and lived in courtesy cars

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
L322 can the clocks be swapped over or they coded?
My lower screen has dead pixels an want them sorted. I’d buy clocks if I knew I could just throw them in, if not I may look about getting the lcd replaced

Dave..

RMS Regular
Anybody that wants to get a reliable one get the 4 4 Jag V8(AJ)

Though as Pete said 3.6 TDV8 is also very good, I just hate diesel. Not much in it MPG wise anyways, though if I was to buy again I'd go 5.0 Supercharged V8. 4.2 is also a good motor.

I really really want a new shape L405 as they're so cheap now, but have so many mates had so many problems with electrics and computers I can't see it happening any time soon, which is a shame as I think they look class. One mate had his on the road for 3 months out of 12 there and lived in courtesy cars
I remember reading about someone who bought 2 new and both broke down after a few days.
They also ended up going back to Landrover and they got refunded.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
L322 can the clocks be swapped over or they coded?
My lower screen has dead pixels an want them sorted. I’d buy clocks if I knew I could just throw them in, if not I may look about getting the lcd replaced

There’s a fella in England repairs them and other BMW clusters

diesel-dave

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4/M5/VWTou
I have came close so many times but never went ahead, ended up buying an E70 X5 last time (and the turbos sh1t the bed 💵), maybe some day I will get one.

Need a 2nd vehicle for the farm as my father and I have been sharing our Hilux. My head tells me an old Berlingo would be handy as we do bits and pieces of building too, but my stupid part tells me an old Range Rover would be the mission. the only way i can try and justify it is by telling myself they would be a very safe wagon for pulling the cow trailer. :heart_eyes:

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I have came close so many times but never went ahead, ended up buying an E70 X5 last time (and the turbos sh1t the bed 💵), maybe some day I will get one.

Need a 2nd vehicle for the farm as my father and I have been sharing our Hilux. My head tells me an old Berlingo would be handy as we do bits and pieces of building too, but my stupid part tells me an old Range Rover would be the mission. the only way i can try and justify it is by telling myself they would be a very safe wagon for pulling the cow trailer. :heart_eyes:

They tow better than nearly all the rest of the competition tbh and definitely head and shoulders above a Hilux

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
They tow better than nearly all the rest of the competition tbh and definitely head and shoulders above a Hilux

Their towing ability is fantastic. Self levelling suspension and it’s heavy weight really bode well for it in that sense. Decent wheelbase and very acceptable steering lock for a 4wd helps a lot too, especially when reversing.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
OP
Nickyyy
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Anyone know who would know range rover electrics well? Mine wouldn't start this morning :joy: had to get the battery boosted and got the battery tested, which came back OK and the alternator was charging the battery fine. So a parasitic drain coming from somewhere...

56oval

RMS Regular
Anyone know who would know range rover electrics well? Mine wouldn't start this morning :joy: had to get the battery boosted and got the battery tested, which came back OK and the alternator was charging the battery fine. So a parasitic drain coming from somewhere...
I was forever being called out to jump start my brotherinlaws RR sport. Boot light would stay on which would drain it. Another massive expense he's just had, hydraulic hardlines that run just inside the offside wheel arch. Leaking oil and throwing a warning light. I checked them over and they were clean rotten through. Local garage replaced them but had to go to Donnelleys I think to reset the pressure with a specific tool???
They left it in service mode so the suspension didn't work, told him the ecu was goosed and would need sorted at an exorbitant price. What a shower.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6

Any autospark could probably do it or if you're handy with a multimeter shouldn't be too difficult.

Only thing to remember is the car takes about 10 minutes to "go to sleep" after you turn the ignition off and lock it apparently. So it's after that point that you start checking for current draw, etc. across the fuses.

clarkeg

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW S1000rr
Here is my wagon, it's the 3.6 TDV8 and this is the project X Kahn edition in vesuvius orange (different bumpers, arches, skirts, rear spoiler and full interior change), I have owned it for almost a year and love it, the only thing I have done to it was add the side steps as I think it really adds to the look of it.

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
OP
Nickyyy
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Here is my wagon, it's the 3.6 TDV8 and this is the project X Kahn edition in vesuvius orange (different bumpers, arches, skirts, rear spoiler and full interior change), I have owned it for almost a year and love it, the only thing I have done to it was add the side steps as I think it really adds to the look of it.

View attachment 261272

View attachment 261273

View attachment 261274

View attachment 261275

View attachment 261276
That’s an awesome looking truck has it give you much bother?

Dave..

RMS Regular

View attachment 261272

View attachment 261273

View attachment 261274

View attachment 261275

View attachment 261276
Love the colour, that is the first Khan RR that looks nice.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Class. What has it been like, reliable / any issues? What's the "real life" mpg on the 3.6TDV8?

Edit: Just seen your post that you've had no issues.