The Land Rover/ Range Rover appreciation thread

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
I think so - parts cost probably £4K or so but it’s only an estimate from the top of my head

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Anyone got a set of Freelander 1 wheels they would sell?

@Mr.Mint haven't seen a set for sale over here for ages, maybe try ebay but prices are always higher, failing that just keep an eye on gumtree & fb. Maybe worth giving BLRC a shout encase they have some lying about.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Anyone got a set of Freelander 1 wheels they would sell?

@Mr.Mint haven't seen a set for sale over here for ages, maybe try ebay but prices are always higher, failing that just keep an eye on gumtree & fb. Maybe worth giving BLRC a shout encase they have some lying about.

Thanks.

Yes been on e-bay, but typically they want them collected and they are all in the mainland. I will just wait and try to find a set over here. I think they are the nicest wheel for them and I'll just hold out until I find a set.

Don't even have the jeep yet, due to arrive with me this afternoon. It's liable to be a complete dog with the money I paid for it, but I have wanted one for a while and don't mind a project. It's been off the road from 2012, so lord knows what state its in...

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Thanks.

Yes been on e-bay, but typically they want them collected and they are all in the mainland. I will just wait and try to find a set over here. I think they are the nicest wheel for them and I'll just hold out until I find a set.

Don't even have the jeep yet, due to arrive with me this afternoon. It's liable to be a complete dog with the money I paid for it, but I have wanted one for a while and don't mind a project. It's been off the road from 2012, so lord knows what state its in...
Yeah you could arrange your own shipping but then the cost starts to spiral.

Get some pics up when you get it, our 4.0 P38 is the only car I regret selling absolutely loved it, it's just the right mix of useable and feeling like a classic, and bar the many random electrical oddities it was 100% reliable. Drove it everyday from Portaferry to Warrenpoint for about a month and then to wales and back loaded up with people and bikes and never skipped a beat.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Yeah you could arrange your own shipping but then the cost starts to spiral.

Get some pics up when you get it, our 4.0 P38 is the only car I regret selling absolutely loved it, it's just the right mix of useable and feeling like a classic, and bar the many random electrical oddities it was 100% reliable. Drove it everyday from Portaferry to Warrenpoint for about a month and then to wales and back loaded up with people and bikes and never skipped a beat.

I will.

That is fantastic to hear... I had a few 2.5TD in the past but for short periods and I really liked them, but I wanted a V8 and was petrified of the 4.6 (due to a friend having one and it totally breaking his heart) and I hadn't heard to many bad stories about the 4.0, which I think is a just a slightly bored out 3.9 Rover V8.

I just hope the underside isn't too bad and I know the body has a few dents and its been outside a fair bit, so the trims and paint will need attention. I won't care though as long as the underside and mechanicals are ok and it drives well enough.

Thanks

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
And it's home.

Running like ****, few faults on the dash including Gearbox Overheat and Airbag Fault, but it drives well and the Air Suspension is going up and down as it should. Bodywork isn't bad bar a few bad dents on the drivers side, but if I do decide to keep it, I'll paint everything except the roof.

I just need to get it running right and make a decision as to what to do with it.

IMG_3215.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
And it's home.

Running like ****, few faults on the dash including Gearbox Overheat and Airbag Fault, but it drives well and the Air Suspension is going up and down as it should. Bodywork isn't bad bar a few bad dents on the drivers side, but if I do decide to keep it, I'll paint everything except the roof.

I just need to get it running right and make a decision as to what to do with it.

View attachment 330087
Still love this shape. My dad had a grey 2.5 diesel one when I was in my teens. I actually got a few driving lessons from him in it 😂

Comfortable big wagons.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Still love this shape. My dad had a grey 2.5 diesel one when I was in my teens. I actually got a few driving lessons from him in it 😂

Comfortable big wagons.

I had always intended to get one, but not like this tbh. Had wanted an immaculate example and was willing to spend to get one, but the values are through the roof and this came along and I couldn't let it go.

I really like the colour of it, it should look good when it's tidied up.

redxl77

RMS Regular
Nice wagon MrM.

There doesn't seem to be much appreciation for this 300Tdi on gumtree, at only £3000, priced so ridiculously cheaply imo despite the work needed, as a Landy fan it makes me rather sad to see.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Nice wagon MrM.

There doesn't seem to be much appreciation for this 300Tdi on gumtree, at only £3000, priced so ridiculously cheaply imo despite the work needed, as a Landy fan it makes me rather sad to see.

Wish I had the space, time and money to buy that. I’ve always wanted a Land Rover since I was little. I’m always worried it would be a case of don’t meet your hero if I drove one 🤣

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
And it's home.

View attachment 330087
Love it! Bar the silver the colours are great in these 😍 htd!

I mean a very basic tip but found ours hated not being driven so a good idea to give it a run once a week to keep the electrics right.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Love it! Bar the silver the colours are great in these 😍 htd!

I mean a very basic tip but found ours hated not being driven so a good idea to give it a run once a week to keep the electrics right.

I do like the Blue.

I actually think half of the issues could be down to the battery that's in it. It's something you would see in a Micra and not a V8! That will be the 1st thing changed and thanks for the tip about the once a week. I wouldn't have thought of that and that's my problem, most of my cars sit for long periods and never move. Very bad for them, but once I drive them, they need cleaned again and getting the time isn't easy.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Can anyone recommend a decent LR Mechanic in the Dungannon Area? I know there is a guy near Clonmore that used to work in Donnellys, but I know very little about him. Suspension won't rise now and I just want someone to inspect the mechanicals of the whole jeep and give me a rough idea of what it will take to fix it.

redxl77

RMS Regular
Wish I had the space, time and money to buy that. I’ve always wanted a Land Rover since I was little. I’m always worried it would be a case of don’t meet your hero if I drove one 🤣

If you have a genuine/specific need for a defender there's nothing like it, but if not, it will probably end in divorce at some point (you and the defender :laughing: ).

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
If you have a genuine/specific need for a defender there's nothing like it, but if not, it will probably end in divorce at some point (you and the defender :laughing: ).
I have zero need for a defender and I think you’re right about the divorce thing too 🤣

FrankXK8

RMS Regular
Drives
XKR
Picked up this nice wagon at the weekend - our RR Classic needs surgery, so this will see us through to about November then I'll sell it on. It's nice, though. Like a "business class" Disco. Absolutely filthy when we got it, but a lot of elbow grease has fixed it. 177,000 miles yet the 2.5 TD5 pulls like a train, so I have feeling it might have been chipped somewhere along the line !

IMG20210803112046 - Copy.jpg

redxl77

RMS Regular
Picked up this nice wagon at the weekend - our RR Classic needs surgery, so this will see us through to about November then I'll sell it on. It's nice, though. Like a "business class" Disco. Absolutely filthy when we got it, but a lot of elbow grease has fixed it. 177,000 miles yet the 2.5 TD5 pulls like a train, so I have feeling it might have been chipped somewhere along the line !

View attachment 331148

Who is doing the RRC? Is this the engine or something else?