The Land Rover/ Range Rover appreciation thread

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
If going for a 4 what's the thoughts on the SDV6? thought of as the best engine I thought
Depends. D4 was launched with the 3.0TDV6. 245bhp. Dpf optional. Around 2012, it was rebadged SDV6, got the 8sp gearbox and power upped to about 255 bhp. Dpf standard. A TDV6 became a detuned version with 210bhp and was used in the commercial only I think. Later revisions added ad-blue. The main advantage of an SDV6 is probably the 8sp gearbox. Disadvantage is more complicated bits bolted on.

VOB0

RMS Regular
Any thing to look out for on a Range Rover 3.6 2010 with 80k, or is there any problematic spec to avoid?

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d

Screenshot_20210910-083120_Auto Trader.jpg

VOB0

RMS Regular
How bad is it?

Haven't had a proper look yet, but it's bubbling on the arch when the rear door is open. 2010 car with 70k miles so we are hoping it's not too bad. Would like to get it sorted and get undersealing done.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Haven't had a proper look yet, but it's bubbling on the arch when the rear door is open. 2010 car with 70k miles so we are hoping it's not too bad. Would like to get it sorted and get undersealing done.

You need to strip out the archliner and see how bad it is. They are a stupid design and all the crud gathers behind it and just eats away at the arch. If you have to take off the sill moulding, there is a chance that it might not be pretty. A Friend has one and someone just touched up the arches before he got it and he was happy and thought everything was ok and then one day he went to jack it up and the jack wasn't doing anything :relieved:

It might not be too bad all being well.

VOB0

RMS Regular
You need to strip out the archliner and see how bad it is. They are a stupid design and all the crud gathers behind it and just eats away at the arch. If you have to take off the sill moulding, there is a chance that it might not be pretty. A Friend has one and someone just touched up the arches before he got it and he was happy and thought everything was ok and then one day he went to jack it up and the jack wasn't doing anything :relieved:

It might not be too bad all being well.

It's not mine, my Da took a notion for one and ended up with 5.0 SC :joy: He's going to get it looked over by someone so fingers crossed.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
So has a sleep on it and have decided to do as @davyk31 has suggested. Take this one and order another one for next year and see how things go.
No car is worth an 18 month wait... On top of what you have waited already...

By the time it finally arrives it will already be a car in its mid-life...

Not sure I would accept a reduced spec either. It would just annoy you because it's not what you wanted.

And there is still no guarantee you will actually get that one either without further delays and/or yet more compromises on spec. I know others who have ordered these and been told they can only have a single key for it, etc.

Get something else. Something 2-3 years old that you can actually see and that actually exists. I know the market is mad for those kinds of cars for this very reason, but that's just how it is.

Or keep whatever you already drive for another couple of years. Unless there's a crazy balloon or something on that one...

saxo_man

RMS Regular
No car is worth an 18 month wait... On top of what you have waited already...

By the time it finally arrives it will already be a car in its mid-life...

Not sure I would accept a reduced spec either. It would just annoy you because it's not what you wanted.

And there is still no guarantee you will actually get that one either without further delays and/or yet more compromises on spec. I know others who have ordered these and been told they can only have a single key for it, etc.

Get something else. Something 2-3 years old that you can actually see and that actually exists. I know the market is mad for those kinds of cars for this very reason, but that's just how it is.

Or keep whatever you already drive for another couple of years. Unless there's a crazy balloon or something on that one...
The car is confirmed and should be with me in 6 weeks now, it was brought forward a couple of weeks so that was a great surprise ☺️

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
I picked this up today - huge perk of my grade at JLR is two vehicles so have this and an I-Pace

22MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography Dynamic

7 seat, 300PS 6 cylinder diesel, Portofino blue with 21” gloss black Stormer wheels

CB36A095-05DF-4659-A5B2-6F17840EAD62.jpeg

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Dealer has just advised me of a further 4 week delay to the defender, so now I am into December. Seems every time I get near to getting it, the goalposts are moved, due to global shortages of components.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Dealer has just advised me of a further 4 week delay to the defender, so now I am into December. Seems every time I get near to getting it, the goalposts are moved, due to global shortages of components.
That would drive me mad. Hopefully you finally get something before Christmas.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Would you not be better holding off until January now so it’s a ‘22?
I have that option with the dealer but I will see when it arrives. It might be 22 anyway 😤 LR have moved onto MY23 models now on the website, but still struggling to deliver MY22 cars! I can’t get my spec any more, it doesn’t exist, so I hope they don’t come back to me looking more money for a revised MY23 spec. I think it’s around an increase of £8k.

Last edited:

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Ive never read this thread before lol Looking at a L322 possibly for myself soon, or a D4 to replace the defender as the daily.

Join the "all new defenders owners group" on fb theres alot of people in the loop there, could be 3-4 months for most people supply chains are a mess. Id be realistic and if you really want one id be preparing for spring summer but who knows.