The new Uniroyal RainSport 5

RubberLover

RMS Regular
We literally (literally!) cannot wait to get our hands on the brand spanking new Uniroyal RainSport 5 today.

So brand new that they’re only available in one size as I type.

With Uniroyal being the wet weather kings, we’re sure that you’ll see plenty of these on the roads in the coming months!

For more information see Uniroyal Rainsport 5 - Master the wet. The new RainSport 5. | Uniroyal

9AA74A04-BC41-4BCE-9904-7EE9942A6FB0.png
48F35834-3564-4327-BF53-9EF65BC0866A.png
F6DE5578-EECF-4174-BBDB-0F85017DA3DE.png
155822DA-506C-4959-A4DD-642EDF851DB5.jpeg

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I'm a huge fan of the outgoing tyre, though they are very prone to puncture. I my experience.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
You think so @Graham ? Can’t say I’ve ever noticed a difference between Uniroyal or any other car tyre.

Time will tell with these new bad boys!

_Stu_

RMS Regular
The Rainsport 3s are a great all round tyre but I’m happy to see the 5s will last a good bit longer.

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Have the rain sport 3s in a 255/35/19 on our b8 avant and they wear great and no complaints here!

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Is there more sizes available now the rainsport 5 don't come up on a black circles search so maybe they're not available yet. I need 2 235 45 17 for the Passat and the new rain sports are on the radar. Could you also quote for other brands thanks ivan.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
@gary1365 the RainSport3 is out of production and the RainSport5 isn’t available for sale yet- not great ☹️

We do have Bridgestone T001 and RE050A at great price of £84 each plus your 10% discount code online at www.ivankerrtyres.com bringing it down to £75.60 each, making a great price an amazing price!

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
@gary1365 the RainSport3 is out of production and the RainSport5 isn’t available for sale yet- not great ☹

We do have Bridgestone T001 and RE050A at great price of £84 each plus your 10% discount code online at www.ivankerrtyres.com bringing it down to £75.60 each, making a great price an amazing price!
That price for those Bridgestones is fantastic. I'll book myself in online next time I'm heading down to Bangor to visit the parents. I was debating firing on 4 all seasons or winter tyres but I'll not bother I'm not over the coleraine mountain every morning any more. Wait and see the first winter in years I haven't put winters on and it'll snow for weeks.

I liked the rain sport 2 never tried the 3. What happened to the rainsport 4 lol.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
Fun fact that the number 4 is unlucky in China... apparently. That’s why you’ll never see a Continental product, including Uniroyal, with the number 4 in it’s name.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
What about continental grand prix 4000 lol. I was just out there and swapped the continentals from the front to the back theres more meat on them than I thought there was. I'm going to hang on until the rainsport 5 come on the market unless the sailun tyres I just swapped onto the front are terrible.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
These might be an option for next years Targas as the tyre regs are outlawing all the trackday type tyres that have become the norm over the last few years. I've been using a combination of rainsport 3 for autotest or rain experts for rougher targas this year and they have done ok. I did two autotests in one week and smoked a set of 4 in the summer which hurt a bit.. 8o|

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
What about continental grand prix 4000 lol. I was just out there and swapped the continentals from the front to the back theres more meat on them than I thought there was. I'm going to hang on until the rainsport 5 come on the market unless the sailun tyres I just swapped onto the front are terrible.
That’s a bicycle tyre yeh? Bicycles aren’t that popular over in China...

😂 I must pass that on to my rep and give him an education!

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Big fan of the Gatorskins 🐊
Gatorskins are like riding on plastic lol. I fell out with continental after a brand new gp5000 tubeless got a sidewall and tread cut spraying me with sealant. I got stranded at the side of the road as it was too tight a fit to fit with a tube. I was annoyed at being 60 or 70 quid out of pocket too it was literally my second ride on the tyre. Took me and the boy that owns the bike shop to wrestle it on the rim. I still have it lying somewhere I dont have the heart to throw it out.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
That’s a bicycle tyre yeh? Bicycles aren’t that popular over in China...

😂 I must pass that on to my rep and give him an education!

But there are 9 million bicycles in Beijing? Or so someone told me one time

rhythmeister

RMS Regular
Drives
BL5 B4/Eunos
How's everyone getting on with these on the road then? I've a set destined for my BG5 Legacy so I've my fingers crossed they're good 8o|

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
Feedback is great, this customer sent us a message to say how happy they were with the RainSport5.

These were fitted during 2 or 3 days of heavy rainfall

9C08DEDD-BC54-440F-9D52-567336E3D236.jpeg