The Saabulous Thread.

c_rad

RMS Regular
Picked this up today, very clean bar a few small marks.
Nice to be back in a Saab albeit a diesel.
IMG_20190901_122443.jpg

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
How on earth have I missed this thread. Just read through it and starting to learn a few things straight away to help me sort my 2 9-5's

Going to be taking the engine and auto box (my Missus can only drive an auto now) and put it all in the other one as it has a blown engine. Plus seats from this one will hopefully be modified to fit the Defender giving it heated seats front and rear.

Saab 95 at pheanix park.JPG

parts saab 1.jpg

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Has anyone ever had an annoying rattle from the passenger seat in the second gen 93? Tried taping up the headrest bars but no luck.

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
What do you saab heads/boys in the know on saabs make of the 93 tid 1.9 150hp ? Good car ? Things to look out for when buying ?. See a 2010 one for sale on gum tree was contemplating in buying one of these to tie me over as a,daily for a while

Deleted member 13907

D
Joined the ranks of Saab ownership today. Picked up a 2011 Saab 9-3 1.9ttid4 Estate.
Had been talking to a mate about them a few weeks ago and he gave me a shout about one they had got into stock. Nice comfy wagon with a bit of poke as well.

Reactions: dub

Deleted member 13907

D
Any of you fitted a DAB aerial to your Saab, I order to upgrade the stereo?
I just have the basic CD player, so planning to fit a unit with Apple Car Play, for music streaming, sat-nav and DAB. Have my eye on a few different units and have sourced the fascia abs cables (incl steering wheel controls) but I’m struggling a bit with aerial options. Ideally would like something that looks very similar to the original shark fin aerial, but not sure if that’s an option. Could go down the route of a window mounted aerial, but they don’t seem to get great reviews online.

48D97616-E566-4D18-9EB3-5BA193918060.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not in a Saab but got DAB into the Lotus this year.

The easiest option is a windscreen DAB antenna, that's what I did. They attach like a sticker on the glass in the corner, small and unobtrusive, and then just run a cable down behind the dash. It works pretty well.

Make sure to get a powered one, and enable the powered antenna option on the radio.

If you want to replace the standard antenna then it's more involved (and expensive). You need to run new cables for the DAB portion, possibly a new connector at the antenna end. You can't just swap the antenna.

It's only really needed if you live in a poor reception area. Best to try the windscreen option first and only bother with a full antenna conversion if you actually need to.

I drive all over England and NI and there are few places I struggle with reception. And the places I do I tend to struggle with "normal" FM reception too via the oem antenna, so not sure the antenna is actually the problem. Just reception black spots.

Deleted member 13907

D
Not in a Saab but got DAB into the Lotus this year.

The easiest option is a windscreen DAB antenna, that's what I did. They attach like a sticker on the glass in the corner, small and unobtrusive, and then just run a cable down behind the dash. It works pretty well.

Make sure to get a powered one, and enable the powered antenna option on the radio.

If you want to replace the standard antenna then it's more involved (and expensive). You need to run new cables for the DAB portion, possibly a new connector at the antenna end. You can't just swap the antenna.

It's only really needed if you live in a poor reception area. Best to try the windscreen option first and only bother with a full antenna conversion if you actually need to.

I drive all over England and NI and there are few places I struggle with reception. And the places I do I tend to struggle with "normal" FM reception too via the oem antenna, so not sure the antenna is actually the problem. Just reception black spots.
Will give that a try - thanks. Thinking about it, the other posts I had read online were all a good few years old, so signal quality/coverage has probably improved a lot since then. I know on my Octavia the DAB aerial is on one of the windows, so it can’t be that bad.

Matti_f

RMS Regular
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
Final attempt to sell on the Saab just had a fresh Mot on it with no issues, (bar a retest for not red enough brake lights).

Anyone for a winter driver or nice 2nd car for an RMS discount ?