The Saabulous Thread.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
@southsky sunrise Aye, he's just up the road from me. In fact the kids ride ponies across the road from him. Most of his stuff looks to be lying about to be pilfered for parts to keep customer cars running though. But a 900 Turbo has always just been special to me from a family/memories perspective, and probably more so recently.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
@southsky sunrise Aye, he's just up the road from me. In fact the kids ride ponies across the road from him. Most of his stuff looks to be lying about to be pilfered for parts to keep customer cars running though. But a 900 Turbo has always just been special to me from a family/memories perspective, and probably more so recently.
Ok mate il call back and see

Boksic

RMS Regular
Final attempt to sell on the Saab just had a fresh Mot on it with no issues, (bar a retest for not red enough brake lights).

Anyone for a winter driver or nice 2nd car for an RMS discount ?

Had seen that advertised, I'd probably drop the hard sell on the Hirsch mapping and ditch the Saab performance sticker on the boot. Middle aged Saab derv men aren't really into that stuff 👍🏼
Looks decent otherwise!
My offer would be insulting so I'll not bother to save you calling me a c*nt!

starletterry

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne, GT
Question for you Saab 9-5 owners (mk2 05-09 shape) when does your fuel light come on? Is it when the needle touches the red or before it? In mine it comes on even before its below the 1/4 full mark. Plus does your water temp gauge start from the "L" when cold? Mine starts from the first mark about the "L". Its a possibility that someone might have had the needles of the gauges before me but would like a comparison before taking my dash apart lol.

c_rad

RMS Regular
Question for you Saab 9-5 owners (mk2 05-09 shape) when does your fuel light come on? Is it when the needle touches the red or before it? In mine it comes on even before its below the 1/4 full mark. Plus does your water temp gauge start from the "L" when cold? Mine starts from the first mark about the "L". Its a possibility that someone might have had the needles of the gauges before me but would like a comparison before taking my dash apart lol.

Mine comes on when it touches the red section.
Temp gauge always starts at the 'L' end when cold

Matti_f

RMS Regular
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
Had seen that advertised, I'd probably drop the hard sell on the Hirsch mapping and ditch the Saab performance sticker on the boot. Middle aged Saab derv men aren't really into that stuff 👍🏼
Looks decent otherwise!
My offer would be insulting so I'll not bother to save you calling me a c*nt!

Fair point on the boot sticker, i dont drive the car so it has entirely slipped my mind. Do you think the hirsch remap is an issue ?

I normally wouldn't mention the remap due to the usual view buyers take such "its had a hard life" but since the Saab boyos really seemed to covet the hirsch parts and accessories i thought it may have been a plus.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Fair point on the boot sticker, i dont drive the car so it has entirely slipped my mind. Do you think the hirsch remap is an issue ?

I normally wouldn't mention the remap due to the usual view buyers take such "its had a hard life" but since the Saab boyos really seemed to covet the hirsch parts and accessories i thought it may have been a plus.

No it wouldn't be an issue as such, I'd just not push it as much, just leave it at "factory Hirsch upgrade" or similar and if you get a call and they ask about it give it the full sell then 👍🏼

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
I'm in the Saab club now.

IMG_20191127_145914.jpg
IMG_20191127_145933.jpg

Deleted member 13907

D
Hoping some of the resident Saab beards can help me.
I have a 2011 Saab 9-3 1.9ttid4 (Turbo Edition).
Driving to work this morning, I got the message "Stability Control Failure - Limited Function - Contact Service" or something like that.
Accelerator is basically pointless - car revs on its own and builds up speed - 20mph in 2nd gear, 30mph in 3rd, 40mph in 4th basically.
Any solutions for a quick fix, or any advice for getting it sorted properly?
It wasn't the end of the world today, as I was only travelling to Lisburn, but I'm due to be in Ballinamallard (60 miles each way) Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Looks like I'm gonna be renting a Corsa for a few days :sob:

starletterry

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne, GT
Hoping some of the resident Saab beards can help me.
I have a 2011 Saab 9-3 1.9ttid4 (Turbo Edition).
Driving to work this morning, I got the message "Stability Control Failure - Limited Function - Contact Service" or something like that.
Accelerator is basically pointless - car revs on its own and builds up speed - 20mph in 2nd gear, 30mph in 3rd, 40mph in 4th basically.
Any solutions for a quick fix, or any advice for getting it sorted properly?
It wasn't the end of the world today, as I was only travelling to Lisburn, but I'm due to be in Ballinamallard (60 miles each way) Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Looks like I'm gonna be renting a Corsa for a few days :sob:

Sounds like a traction control/abs sensor has gone or is on the way out and the car has switched itself into limp/safe mode. Did the engine light come on as well? Getting it scanned and the faults cleared/reset may sort it out for a couple of days or then again it may just return to the way it was.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Evening folks, who do you go to when you're looking parts/salvage? I'm in the mood to change the wheels on my 9-3, tyres are getting near the end of their life and it'd be a good time to change.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Anthony Jordan maybe, he is Saab Spares Ireland on FB. He is in Donegal somewhere.

Reactions: dub

Deleted member 13907

D
Anyone know of anyone local with Tech2? Have a light coming on and need it sorted - its' saying limited performance performance but isn't actually going into limp mode or anything (driving 100% actually) but want to get the light sorted before selling on.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Anyone know of anyone local with Tech2? Have a light coming on and need it sorted - its' saying limited performance performance but isn't actually going into limp mode or anything (driving 100% actually) but want to get the light sorted before selling on.
Pull the ecu fuse, should reset it. And then see how long it takes to come back on, then make the test drive less time. Problem solved.

Deleted member 13907

D
Any time I have had that light it’s been battery related when trying to start when it’s slightly flat so maybe worth a check
New battery back in March. It was the root of a lot of problems actually.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus

If u have to use one, Peter Harley has one and I'm pretty sure he is in Antrim. He can be found on Facebook group 'Saab Owners Club Northern Ireland'