The Saabulous Thread.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Bought a 2008 93 ttid with a “hirsch” factory remap first query can I find out if it was indeed done ? Has all the badges and is indeed remapped by how swift it is but wonder if it’s eBay badge and torquetronic or auto tune map (no complaints if it is I’ve plenty of cars mapped by both)

Second front suspension knock where do I start tomorrow with my pry bar ? Heard drop links are consumable on these cars ? It’s both sides and very recent didn’t do it (or wasn’t loud enough to notice) plus it’s recently motd

Cheers folks
I think you can actually find out from hirsch themselves. No paperwork with the car, think there’d be a hirsch certificate or something when they’re done.

Matti_f

RMS Regular
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
I think you can actually find out from hirsch themselves. No paperwork with the car, think there’d be a hirsch certificate or something when they’re done.
Didn’t even think to ask hirsch fair point

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Bought a 2008 93 ttid with a “hirsch” factory remap first query can I find out if it was indeed done ? Has all the badges and is indeed remapped by how swift it is but wonder if it’s eBay badge and torquetronic or auto tune map (no complaints if it is I’ve plenty of cars mapped by both)

Second front suspension knock where do I start tomorrow with my pry bar ? Heard drop links are consumable on these cars ? It’s both sides and very recent didn’t do it (or wasn’t loud enough to notice) plus it’s recently motd

Cheers folks

I'd be checking the strut top mounts, but most likely the anti roll bar drop links - only about 15£-20£ for both so worth replacing.

E4mon

RMS Regular
I'm currently on the lookout for another Saab 93 if anyone knows of one for sale... preferably a Vector Sport and preferably TTID 2008/09. Cheers

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Ignore the shocking front wing, going for paint soon. 20 miles done all seems ok....
9C02162F-11CC-4088-868F-46323C0BAAFB.jpeg
47ED22DF-E24F-407E-9D7B-E4A2AF76E7FB.jpeg

BurningSmell

RMS Regular
Hello fellow Saabers. Couple of annoying problems with my 06 9-3. I've posted the problems in technical and mechanical if any of you would have some ideas it would be appreciated!

Matti_f

RMS Regular
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
morning gents, the joy of Saab ownership is in full flow now. I've found water pooling in the back of the boot around the factory amp location, im thinking rear light cluster or boot seal for the leak ? i know the front drain plugs block but no where else is wet in the cab making me think its purely the boot.

Is this common ?

Matti_f

RMS Regular
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
Any way to figure out the rotor size for the ttid brakes ?

Call into Colin Adams today and they quoted 4 sizes against my reg, I plan on pulling the wheel of and measuring but concerns previous owner may not have bought the right size.

Cheers Matt

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Any way to figure out the rotor size for the ttid brakes ?

Call into Colin Adams today and they quoted 4 sizes against my reg, I plan on pulling the wheel of and measuring but concerns previous owner may not have bought the right size.

Cheers Matt
You'll know when you pull the wheel off if the pad contact patch isn't correct.

Check out the Mintex website as they list them by brake brand. As in my Aero had ATE calipers.

Matti_f

RMS Regular
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
2009 NEW MODEL SAAB 9 3 VECTOR SPORT ESTATE DSG AUTOMATIC FULL SERVICE HISTORY 1 OWNER FROM NEW | in Belfast City Centre, Belfast | Gumtree

Anyone offer any advice on what to look for on these? Also, I’m assuming he’s made a mistake in saying it’s DSG?!

No the auto is just auto from memory, my experience in 3 or 4 months is, droplinks are consumables, springs fracture, water leaks in through front drain plug down by the pollen filter leading to usual soggy carpets and damp, water also ingresses to the boot and can drown the in built amplifier which is on the left hand side of the boot.

Gear link can can wear out the nylon spacer making the car hard to move through the gears, and wont return to neutral, you can get kits on ebay to repair, usual dpf etc.. check oil level isn't high as can be sign they have blocked dpf.

Other than that they are a lot of car for the money and all of the above are easy fixes, insurance is cheap and decent MPG even with the auto.

Matti_f

RMS Regular
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
Ok nightmare situation installing an aftermarket head unit, had a Kenwood DMX7017DABS installed by NPC on halfords behalf.

Getting a strong feedback constantly as if there is a bad ground, wont increase with speed so is radio related, is there even when volume is right the way down and on calls bluetooth streaming so i think its something to do with power to speakers.

Any one any ideas or experienced similar with the Facelift 93 ? car has the in built amplifier and im convinced its something to do with it

Cheer matt

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I've recently sold my 08 Aero. Auto box is a stock Japanese item, mine was the 5 speed. I had paddles on the steering wheel for manual mode. It's ok, but will only change down when it wants, let's hit the limiter though.

I had two snapped springs but other than that in 2 years of ownership I had zero issues.