The (sort of...) Jap scrap (sort of...) sensible turnip garage

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Honestly, I don't know what they're smoking over there! They're all like that, every single time 😅

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
And they weren't even "special" ones at silly prices, just straight from DVLA. Worked out nicely.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Some car, thats got to be a lot of fun to drive. I'm sure it will feel even better once you sort the new seats.

I love the seats in my 260Z, but I am going to have to change them to something more buckety, I need to support to properly feel what the car is doing and get even more of that man/machine connection.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
The standard RS seats are legendary, lol. Rumour has it Mitsubishi didn't just rummage through the bottom of their own parts bin but managed to find something even cheaper and nastier from somewhere else 😅 Literally there to be thrown out for something else. These may actually be incredibly rare to have survived so long and in perfect condition :innocent:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
They're Pole Position seats. It's just the adapter and/or rail on one side that needs a little adjustment.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I didnt know you’d pole positions or I’d have been testing them lol

Currently they appear to be a decent supportive bucket but also not on the mental slim side aka tubby friendly
Pole positions are so good, probably my favourite mod I have done to the Porsche.

You will have to call over in the evo! Can’t wait for a nosey round it

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I didnt know you’d pole positions or I’d have been testing them lol

Currently they appear to be a decent supportive bucket but also not on the mental slim side aka tubby friendly

I was 21st when I first fitted them lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Love the PP! Actually easier to get in and out of than the Honda buckets, and really nice once in there.

I just couldn't justify the obvious choice for these cars - Bride. They're great too but the cost is truly eye watering now. And I actually prefer the PP anyway.

Just need to tweak the adapters a little and then we're good 😁

Pole positions are so good, probably my favourite mod I have done to the Porsche.

You will have to call over in the evo! Can’t wait for a nosey round it

Not to worry, she's coming your way later on for the usual :cool:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Been hell at work the last couple of months, had to get away from it all. So I popped out for a wee drive this weekend. To Donegal and Mayo. And what a weekend it was! Had forgotten how rough the roads are out that way, lol, think I need new suspension now :innocent: Not just pretty, some seriously good rally stages there too!

P1190926.JPG

P1190945.JPG

P1200016.JPG

P1200028.JPG

P1200042.JPG

P1200054.JPG

P1200128.JPG

P1200153.JPG

P1200160.JPG

P1200171.JPG

P1200221.JPG

P1200224.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Spot the difference, lol. Total pita to fit! Took me four hours, how hard could it be 😅 I think they work on these cars, but still not entirely sure about how they sit. May end up taking them off eventually, we'll see. They're on for a while now anyway, not doing all that again any time soon!

Had to pop out for milk after that :innocent:

P1200453.JPG

P1200482.JPG

P1200488.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, yep, no idea how he remembers how it all goes together! Not just the car in bits but the engine too. All working! Though I'm sure there's a bucket of leftover bits somewhere up there still :innocent:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Oh Vtec, how I've missed you 😁 🥰

P1200758.JPG

P1200783.JPG

P1200743.JPG

Shake-down on Saturday, nothing fell off or blew up or caught fire! Then two days of cleaning off six months' worth of dirt and grime. In the rain 😅 🙈 My neighbours really do love the crazy man! Back to Rick this afternoon for a couple of small OCD tweaks, alignment tomorrow so she'll turn again, and that's it for now.

I ripped out the radio earlier to use in Mitsi. Never used it in the Lotus anyway, can't hear it with the engine on, lol. Never mind on the move. So I upgraded to these noise cancelling in-ear bluetooth beauties instead. They're flippin' amazing! Last year's model so got a good deal. A bit more discreet than the Bose headphones I used before so no issues with the local constabulary I hope.

May come in handy with Mitsi too down the line :innocent:

P1200808.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Great shot!

Thanks! Came out nicely. Managed to avoid the massive GoT car park just below, used to be such a nice and quiet spot before all that, lol.

I'm actually shocked it has a roof!

Strictly for emergencies! Takes an age to put up, makes it impossible to get in and out, and still doesn't really keep much water out 😅