The Supercars In Northern Ireland!

Shaun

RMS Regular
Yeah, id be more excited seeing one of them on the road than a ferrari though lol
Only ever seen one over here.

Rwaite17

RMS Regular
OP
Rwaite17
R8s are in my opinion very hit and miss. Theres a stunning one in Blue with the CF sides that I see around Holywood a lot, but then I saw a silver one with silver sides...and it just looked wrong from the side.
That Blue 1, is the only one in N.I !!

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Only blue one maybe, but there was a silver/silver one sitting in the carpark of Tescos in ards the other day. And have definately seen a silver/cf one a few times.

Oh and a black one at kirky the other day. Asked if he'd be interested in a photoshoot...no was the answer lol

mcmullet-vtec

RMS Regular
Drives
08 m6 vert/07 qu
theres still a fair amount of fancy cars around this little place, but about 5-6 years ago when the boom happened and everyone was alot better off there was a hell of alot more!

still think the best value supercar out there is the r35 gtr ;)

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
I have never been in an NSX but definitely has a loyal following, are they actually that quick or with time have they been surpassed ?

mcmullet-vtec

RMS Regular
Drives
08 m6 vert/07 qu
autocar recorderd 0-60 = 4.8, 0-100 = 10.9 and a 173mph in 2002 0n a similar nsx to mine which i think is ok for a standard 280bhp car..

but its all really about the drive, noise and feel of the thing :grinning:

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
autocar recorderd 0-60 = 4.8, 0-100 = 10.9 and a 173mph in 2002 0n a similar nsx to mine which i think is ok for a standard 280bhp car..

but its all really about the drive, noise and feel of the thing :grinning:

Exactly. Overall speed isn't stratospheric Paul but they are quick.

The real beauty lies in the balance, the handling, the driving position and the general feel as Mark says.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
I remember being down with the soc in galway and sean mckeever drove in with the first r35 I'd ever seen. I near **** the bed! Ran down from my hotel room to the underground carpark! Had a great night drinking with him!nights like that are why I love the car scene!

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
My best supercar memory is an F40 in rosemary street in Belfast. Shop windows shaking with the exhaust note on idle. pulled into high street and then went out and round 3 citybuses between shop electric (at that time) and the inn shops, Fiercely rapid car, never really seen anything move like that.

2nd to that is a ferrari 355 with the arse slung out round the roundabout at stranmillis college ! Is it still called diffing in a ferrari ?

Rwaite17

RMS Regular
OP
Rwaite17
2nd to that is a ferrari 355 with the arse slung out round the roundabout at stranmillis college ! Is it still called diffing in a ferrari ?
An F40 Never seen one but i've heard there is 2 that i know off that have been in N.I, and the F355, yes, it's drifting a Ferrari, very nice! :grinning:

scub

Banned
theres still a fair amount of fancy cars around this little place, but about 5-6 years ago when the boom happened and everyone was alot better off there was a hell of alot more!

still think the best value supercar out there is the r35 gtr ;)
till you break it.... or it needs a clutch , or brake discs !

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
They all need clutches or brake discs at some point. But for RRP, the GTR takes some beating in terms of bang per buck.

scub

Banned
They all need clutches or brake discs at some point. But for RRP, the GTR takes some beating in terms of bang per buck.
yeah i know - just saying it moves right into supercar territory as soon as it needs fixed.

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
I would defiantly own a super car if I won the lottery for sure, only ever got to sit in a few - the likes of a Ferrari 360 Modena, Lamborghini Gallardo.

I owned a 700 bhp Subaru Impreza P1 with the car tuned that much with brakes and suspension to match, I have never drive anything more rapid with such a sound to match. My one big regret was selling it

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Seen plenty of supercars here over the years:

LP640
Superleggera
Gallardo
LP560-4 & Spider
360CS
599 GTO
575 Superamerica
Diablo
Testarossa
Veyron
SLS
McLaren SLR

Rwaite17

RMS Regular
OP
Rwaite17
Seen plenty of supercars here over the years:

LP640
Superleggera
Gallardo
LP560-4 & Spider
360CS
599 GTO
575 Superamerica
Diablo
Testarossa
Veyron
SLS
McLaren SLR
An Amazing list of cars there!

scub

Banned
remember a few times seeing the frasers white countach p5000 quattrovalvole round castlereagh years ago - teenage love it was!

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
A chap on here has or had a Countach. With an awesomely retro bright blue leather interior.