The Supercars In Northern Ireland!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Shock horror, car enthusiasts partaking in a cavalcade and wanting to show off their pride and joy. I don’t see the issue with super car owners wanting to do this too. If I had 1 I’d be doing the same!

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Anything remotely modern, you can only have little bursts of acceleration here and there, and no where near approach the limits of adhesion on the road. So all that's left to do is slowly cruise around :-(

Give me something that you can ring it's neck off whilst only being in slightly naughty territory anyday.

Combine that with how big they are, you'd have much more fun in something smaller/lighter/less grippy. Well more fun if you enjoy driving rather than posing.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
So, 30 year old hot hatch rather than a supercar then? I mean I'd probably prefer that too, but even with the likes of my 26 year old subaru if you are hitting the limits of adhesion on the road you're driving like an utter testicle 😂

Tbh, I don't really care what someone does with their own car, even if a day driving around the 'Port' is my personal idea of hell, if that's what someone enjoys so be it. Same with the nonsense about supercars needing 'nice' number plates.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
I enjoy a wee drive round the ports at the weekends. I like seeing the variety of stuff that turns up....apart from the reeky vag stuff sitting on their limiters....they're d1cks.
Exactly the same, quite like seeing what's about, and as you say always plenty of variety 👍

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
So, 30 year old hot hatch rather than a supercar then? I mean I'd probably prefer that too, but even with the likes of my 26 year old subaru if you are hitting the limits of adhesion on the road you're driving like an utter testicle 😂

Tbh, I don't really care what someone does with their own car, even if a day driving around the 'Port' is my personal idea of hell, if that's what someone enjoys so be it. Same with the nonsense about supercars needing 'nice' number plates.
Exactly, more power to them. Just explaining my lack of excitement.

Nothing after the early 2000s really interests me very much. Hot hatch/supercar/etc etc.

Cars as a whole, peaked in the mid 90s to mid 2000s .

And yes, bah humbug

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I honestly don’t get the appeal of Portstewart and Portrush either, neither is a nice town and neither have a single attraction in them.

There are are some seriously nice houses along the road into Portstewart from Portrush, but honestly it’s not where I would spend that kind of money on a house.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
So given the choice of having a Peugeot 205 GTI or a Lamborghini Huracan you'd pick what?
The Huracan, then sell it, and buy a dozen cars that can be enjoyed in a way that I would like to.

I understand and accept why people like such cars, can't people understand why others have little interest in them too?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I hate sitting in traffic so "cruising" at the port is not my idea of a day out.

Having lived in Warrenpoint my whole life, I genuinely can't wait to move into the new house nowhere near it 🤣

Any sign of sun and half the population seem to arrive making it nigh on impossible to get out of the house and to the shops or even newry.

Would rather go for a drive in the middle of the night when there's no one else about personally.
1.6 or 1.9??

Mi16 swap obviously 🤣

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I hate sitting in traffic so "cruising" at the port is not my idea of a day out.

Having lived in Warrenpoint my whole life, I genuinely can't wait to move into the new house nowhere near it 🤣

Any sign of sun and half the population seem to arrive making it nigh on impossible to get out of the house and to the shops or even newry.

Would rather go for a drive in the middle of the night when there's no one else about personally.

Mi16 swap obviously 🤣
Swop my mi16 for a supercar any day lol .

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
It’s the attraction to portstewart or Portrush that baffles me. I’d rather be down the coast around Warrenpoint and Rostrevor, or maybe over in Carlingford.
These roads are literally the worst roads i’ve had my car on and what made me consider selling it. The broken/patch work surfaces and potholes are absolutely brutal on them, i remember being grateful I made it home without damaging it unlike my friend in his golf r who ended up with a warped alloy. So i’d choose the north coast roads over there any day 😂

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
So given the choice of having a Peugeot 205 GTI or a Lamborghini Huracan you'd pick what?
Honestly, really honestly?

The 205. Already have a 1.9 gti and a French import rallye so a 1.6 gti would be nice to complete the collection.

If the lambo was a muira, diablo or countach I'd go for it.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
I’d honestly sooner have a Miami blue 205 - non sunroof, half leather, Mi16 engine and a set of Speedline 434 wheels😎

Honestly, really honestly?

The 205. Already have a 1.9 gti and a French import rallye so a 1.6 gti would be nice to complete the collection.

If the lambo was a muira, diablo or countach I'd go for it.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
You probably like Larne too though.
You probably like Larne too though.
These roads are literally the worst roads i’ve had my car on and what made me consider selling it. The broken/patch work surfaces and potholes are absolutely brutal on them, i remember being grateful I made it home without damaging it unlike my friend in his golf r who ended up with a warped alloy. So i’d choose the north coast roads over there any day 😂
It’s been at least 10 years since I’ve been down that way so that’s good to know.