The Supercars In Northern Ireland!

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Don’t know what it is, but McLaren’s do absolutely nothing for me. I should like them, but if I don’t find myself wanting to give a Supercar a second look, then it’s bad! Seems to be a good few out there with the same opinion.
Unreliable heaps they are too.

You can get a 12c for 50k now and 650 for about 70k. The depreciation on them is horrific due to bad dealership experiences, to many cars made, unreliability and of course self combustion 🤣🤣

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I thought the coolest thing i seen today was a grey GT3 on the Ards peninsula, but when I got home a Radical passed my place. Couldn't belive it. It just looks like a full blown race car with a massive wing. Definitely wouldn't be comfortable on our roads but I'm glad I got the chance to see it. Crazy car.

velocefica

RMS Regular
Drives
like stink
Unreliable heaps they are too.

You can get a 12c for 50k now and 650 for about 70k. The depreciation on them is horrific due to bad dealership experiences, to many cars made, unreliability and of course self combustion 🤣🤣
Funny you mentioned the self combustion. I was driving behind a 12C on the Lisburn Road and the heat coming off the top of it was wild , like a barbecue, I've been around rear engined cars over the years Ferrari, Porsche etc but it just wasn't normal the thing was smoking away.
Mentioned it to a mate that did a few years in engine development at Aston Martin, he said the cooling on the early McLarens was so inadequate.

PeteJ

RMS Regular
Drives
A black 4x4
i disagree with your mclaren assumptions. same as all cars you get the odd lemon, and yes very early cars had issues, same as all makes (porsche gt3 engine going pop? and oil leaks?!) but later 12C's are very very sorted cars.
50k for a 12C is not happening, unless its a left hooker that has space ship miles damage and also no service history. they are a superb motor, very capable, i personally love the looks now, after not actually liking it much when they first came out, (have dated brillaintly!). their suspension is a masterpiece...look it up. very fast cars too and a smashing cabin space. seating position one of the best, far better than 458's seating position.
the mcalren hating is a an early thing that was justified, however online gossip and people with no real world experience of them have maintained this mclaren bashing. trust me, they are superb cars! apart from the odd lemon of course.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Nothing says "running an errand" on the lisburn road like the black lambo I just saw. Some note of it as he absolutely launched it away too.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
He passed me this morning on Stockmans and was so loud my wife heard it on the handsfree!lol

And a bluey purple F8 Tributo Spider went passed my work, young doll driving it.

K55

RMS Regular
when I got home a Radical passed my place. Couldn't belive it. It just looks like a full blown race car with a massive wing.

It wasn't white with a bit of red and yellow around the rear was it? Saw something similar going up and down the Newtownards Road on Saturday night....

K55

RMS Regular
Odd thing to see around there, had to do a wee double take. It passed 2 or 3 times then I seen it being towed away on the back of a trailer.

🤷‍♂️

Gambit

RMS Regular
Is a GT3 classed as a super car?

Notes_210916_153650_221.jpg

RevT

RMS Regular
Nope he’s mid-ulster, I’m assuming one of his children are interested in the house.