The Vintage Vehicles Meet Banbridge 24/05/21

KevM

RMS Regular
Good little event that snowballed as per usual. It got bigger week on week, then the usual suspects turned up, evos on antilag , pops n bangs etc. Dont get me wrong it has its place, somewhere 🤷.

Its the same old story, a good meet gets popular then the dickwavers turn up, the end.

Once a week was too regular imo.

It was on to twice a week on some occasions too! I think Helen was nearly burnt out with it

DJMCA

RMS Regular
This was exactly my point on the cruise scene post here. Its the 'felt spec cars' and the attitude of their owners that are ruining it

Last edited:

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Because the cruises in the 90’s only had well behaved fellas who sat around in their quiet cars polishing their bonnets……

edited to add that I know what sort of an event this was and I don’t condone any arsehole driving around it. Nor do I like felt spec cars. Nor diesels reeking and pewing. And as for the ****er in the CTR who drives up the Newry road dipping the clutch and bouncing of the limiter….**** off.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
I understand the scene has moved on and I can only speak for myself and our bunch of cronies lol but to be honest, we did behave a lot better in general imo. There was messing about but it was mostly all good clean fun.

This whole get on like a complete spaz, rev the dung outta a diesel motor on the limiter and prove how reeky and crap it is seems to be the big thing now!! :joy:
edited to add that I know what sort of an event this was and I don’t condone any arsehole driving around it. Nor do I like felt spec cars. Nor diesels reeking and pewing. And as for the ****er in the CTR who drives up the Newry road dipping the clutch and bouncing of the limiter….**** off.
Agreed, this wee event was well organised and not a 'cruise'. The pity is that when your in a car park or near a McDs your gonna attract the plonkers. Like flys round ***** lol

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Interesting that the GTINI Nights meet at Sprucefield the other week didn't seem to attract much if any of this sorta behaviour. I think not being on regularly (i.e. weekly) helps that though.

A shame, but not a surprise, that this event has been let down by cretins. Also a shame that, as per earlier posts in the thread it wasn't just the felt speccers but attendees ruining things too.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Give it time and no doubt there will be a wally turn up and act the **** but I must admit back in the day when @Deemc was running them there was no arse holes it was simply a few friends some tea and a drop to Autosmart threw into the mix.

Interesting that the GTINI Nights meet at Sprucefield the other week didn't seem to attract much if any of this sorta behaviour. I think not being on regularly (i.e. weekly) helps that though.

KevM

RMS Regular
And as for the ****er in the CTR who drives up the Newry road dipping the clutch and bouncing of the limiter….**** off.

...and that's exactly who is the likely culprit. Funny, he was flying about the town on the Saturday night too, giving it the big clutch-dumps, but the PSNI R32 was sitting in the carpark, babysitting!

I can actually hear the same car leaving the Dromore Road Filling station & I dont even live on the Dromore Road 🤣

DJMCA

RMS Regular
I live close to a car park which is used for meeting up at night. Ive nothing against it, we used to sit in the cars and have the craic.

The thing that peeves me is when 3 or 4 of them in lawnmowers or derv wagons sit on the limiters for about 5mins and feel the need to make as much noise as possible late at night when my kids are sleeping and im trying to do the same for work the next day

I often wonder why you would actively try and wreck your car, i often hope for the noise of a big end letting go at the abuse they give them :joy:

Repeated complaints from a lot of local residents to PSNI, MPs etc fall on deaf ears

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Sad to hear this has happened, I haven't managed to get over in a while with work etc but was always a good evening.

As with most things though, once more and more people get wind of how good the event is, the rowdy ones will soon appear. Doesnt matter if its weekly or monthly or bi monthly it soon as it starts being a regular thing the wrong crowd will eventually turn up....Same thing with Down Royal, granted a slightly different crowd causing the issues apparently, but still the same effect/end result. Residents complaining etc, great event at the start well behaved etc then as the mornings went on the more issues etc.