The Vintage Vehicles Meet Banbridge 24/05/21

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Only took a few photos, probably should have tool more but was just enjoying the evening 👍

DSC_8075.JPG
DSC_8076.JPG
DSC_8073.JPG
DSC_8067.JPG
DSC_8065.JPG
DSC_8064.JPG
DSC_8063.JPG
DSC_8061.JPG
DSC_8079.JPG

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
So who all is going this Wednesday? Anyone heading from down direction?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I would say it will depend on the weather for a lot of folk. It’s not looking good for tomorrow.

LEE337

RMS Member
Been a few times the past few weeks in my Truck and Hotrod. Always good craic at it, though its been blessed with mighty good weather recently!

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Been a few times the past few weeks in my Truck and Hotrod. Always good craic at it, though its been blessed with mighty good weather recently!

Ah you live round the corner from me, I always wondered who owned the hotrod. It’s fantastic.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Is that an Audi 80 Sport, behind the black Celica? Can't remember last time I saw one of those.

steeldevil

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300h
Been to a few of these now and have never seen anything really considered asbo or dangerous?

New car park for the GOT museum across the road might do...

RoniN

RMS Regular
Been to a few of these now and have never seen anything really considered asbo or dangerous?

Last time I was there on a Wednesday evening about 4 weeks ago afew of the westfield/kitcar drivers left the carpark displaying some very spirited driving.

Cheers

steeldevil

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300h
Last time I was there on a Wednesday evening about 4 weeks ago afew of the westfield/kitcar drivers left the carpark displaying some very spirited driving.

Cheers
Ah right, only been to the weekend meets. That might explain it

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff

New car park for the GOT museum across the road might do...
few p***ks about when i was at it, even some that were displaying cars 🤦‍♂️ needless to say the organisers repeatedly asked people to wise up else this would happen.

a good event ruined by idiots

KevM

RMS Regular
few p***ks about when i was at it, even some that were displaying cars 🤦‍♂️ needless to say the organisers repeatedly asked people to wise up else this would happen.

a good event ruined by idiots

I thought everyone that was displaying, was fairly mature?

FrankXK8

RMS Regular
Drives
XKR
I thought everyone that was displaying, was fairly mature?
:sob:

Well, I am young in mind nevermind in posture.

But as for the idiots that caused the event to be cancelled, I don't think it was anyone attending that was at fault. The past couple of weeks, it's been people in Felt-spec cars coming from McDonalds and making noise/smoke as they drove past the gathering (sometimes multiple drive-bys). So I guess they caused the event to be tarnished. Bottom line is, same **** is still going to happen even with the gathering cancelled. The antisocial element will only stop if they moved McDonalds.

KevM

RMS Regular
:sob:

Well, I am young in mind nevermind in posture.

But as for the idiots that caused the event to be cancelled, I don't think it was anyone attending that was at fault. The past couple of weeks, it's been people in Felt-spec cars coming from McDonalds and making noise/smoke as they drove past the gathering (sometimes multiple drive-bys). So I guess they caused the event to be tarnished. Bottom line is, same **** is still going to happen even with the gathering cancelled. The antisocial element will only stop if they moved McDonalds.

I posted exactly the same in Helens thread on FB.
There have been 2 fairly big cruises in the area over the past week & McDonalds is an attraction. Those drivers will continue to come, regardless of whether the Vintage meets are there, or not. & every Car Club run that's organised ever, seems to meet at a McDonalds somewhere, to get breakfast and go!

Helen has just been a soft-target, as she seeks prior permission.

(PS I have never ever been so paranoid about overtaking a 60's Austin Mini on the way out past KFC in my life!! lol)

56oval

RMS Regular
Good little event that snowballed as per usual. It got bigger week on week, then the usual suspects turned up, evos on antilag , pops n bangs etc. Dont get me wrong it has its place, somewhere 🤷.

Its the same old story, a good meet gets popular then the dickwavers turn up, the end.

Once a week was too regular imo.