The "WTF is wrong with my E46 now?" thread.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Thought this might be the best place to ask?

If I got a Business CD player from a 2004 E46, will it need a radio code or coded to work in another E46 ??
There is no code with the headunit, been told it won't need a code and it will need a code. Which answer is correct?

Also what is this E46 alloy wheel ?

Style 135 or MV2 ?

Cheers
It's both. MV2 is the name, Style 135 is the BMW nomenclature.
Same as a E92 Twist is a Style 230 and X5 Le Mans wheels are Style 87.

CD player should work just fine without inputting any code.

j44nty

RMS Regular
It's both. MV2 is the name, Style 135 is the BMW nomenclature.
Same as a E92 Twist is a Style 230 and X5 Le Mans wheels are Style 87.

CD player should work just fine without inputting any code.
A question for you as you are the wise wizard of bmw ness.
Turbine speed sensor replacement inside an e46 325i auto box. Bolox of a job or fairly straight forward for a seasoned mechanic.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
A question for you as you are the wise wizard of bmw ness.
Turbine speed sensor replacement inside an e46 325i auto box. Bolox of a job or fairly straight forward for a seasoned mechanic.
:eyes:Nope wrong guy, no magic wand in sight
Not done one of those actually, boxes aren't that massively expensive so always gone for the cheaper option of replacement.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
My electrical wing mirrors are being a bit funny.
The passenger one defaults to a position and any attempts to change it result in it returning to that position - sometimes immediately, sometimes after a few minutes.
The driver one occasionally moves itself away from the memory position but can be brought back again with the electrical controls or using the memory button.
Sometimes neither of them respond to changes.
Is this likely to be some sort of mirror control module fault?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
The passenger one defaults to a position and any attempts to change it result in it returning to that position - sometimes immediately, sometimes after a few minutes.
The driver one occasionally moves itself away from the memory position but can be brought back again with the electrical controls or using the memory button.

That’s nothing.

When I push the button on the remote to unlock my E46 the 2 front windows go down. T’**** is that all about...? :joy:

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
@Nicky in the convertible (and possibly coupe), 2 presses of unlock makes the window go down when you open the door - apparently it makes it easier to get in.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
@Nicky in the convertible (and possibly coupe), 2 presses of unlock makes the window go down when you open the door - apparently it makes it easier to get in.

Mine is a saloon. Noticed today if I press the unlock button twice quickly when unlocking the car the windows don’t go down.

Stupid Mexican reg’d BMW...

colin84

RMS Regular
That’s nothing.

When I push the button on the remote to unlock my E46 the 2 front windows go down. T’**** is that all about...? :joy:

It's usually the door barrel is ****ed, try turning the key in the door and see what it's like.

colin84

RMS Regular

It's a common problem, I read it's usually the wiring/connections, but I had my mirrors off and couldn't see anything wrong, so I just disconnected them since I don't change the position once they are set. Or you could pull a fuse, at least it would be a temporary fix.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
It's a common problem, I read it's usually the wiring/connections, but I had my mirrors off and couldn't see anything wrong, so I just disconnected them since I don't change the position once they are set. Or you could pull a fuse, at least it would be a temporary fix.
Funny, I found the switch was disconnected after I bought it, thought there wasn’t a problem as it worked for a few days!

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Holy thread revival…. Where is decent to buy a replacement e46 5sp gear knob? Seen loads on eBay but don’t want one that will disintegrate in 6 months.

pablo

RMS Moderator

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Holy thread revival…. Where is decent to buy a replacement e46 5sp gear knob? Seen loads on eBay but don’t want one that will disintegrate in 6 months.

They’ve gone up in price a bit since I bought mine a few years back, but the genuine M Sport weighted gear knob from BMW is brilliant.

People (mainly @JH86 ) laughed at me when I paid £65 for a gear knob but honestly it makes such a difference.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Mine still going strong and as said previously...seemed to have went up in value a bit. Happy days lol
20220110_163817.jpg
20220110_163804.jpg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Didn’t want to get in @Cooper’s bad books by digging up an old thread 😝 but any recommendations for an E46 M3 head unit with apple carplay?

Have to source one for a friend. Thanks.