The Zoo Zoo Pizza

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
Well where to start with this one 🙄

I have recently sold a load off stuff in an attempt to concentrate on the projects i have . i went in to the new year determined to have something finished for the summer.

Tho as my Grandad always said to me if you see an opportunity grab it with both hands .

So last week on my way home from work just driving threw my estate i spotted this a Isuzu Piazza turbo 😳
EA335665-59BD-4F7F-8920-4F17DE107BF1.jpeg

just sitting there no tax and a quick check sorned from 2007

547D7FB8-8DF6-4382-BE98-241304765DD8.jpeg

a phone call to a mate who knows all the scrap dealers 🤔 i mean car enthusiasts from the estate it turns out these two geniuses bought it thinking they could pull the catalytic converter out off it and scrap the rest 😂

little do they know that the manta / chevette guys go nuts for the back axel out off these

anyway a few 🙄 negotiations later i had it bought for slightly more than scrap value

now in my mind it’s worth it even if i break it

so i had a mate deliver it up to my shed which is already packed out
5513BB54-9003-44C3-B620-1545108E2E72.jpeg

FE7DF3D1-9C0D-49F9-98B7-BD107DC2FCDD.jpeg

so i got up to the shed on sunday for an hour and got to poking about at it

as far as i can tell it’s a complete car and it has some gremlins as it has loads of engine spares in the boot and with a spanner on the crank and the rear jacked up the whole lot turns over

it looks like someone has really struggled to find out what’s up with it and gave up

rust doesn’t scare me as i enjoy welding and metal fab as there is no panels available for it and the interior is in reasonable condition for being stood outside

C38026F9-CB83-43C3-9BE3-1074752C11D8.jpeg

81088A4C-491D-46AA-A114-7B31A2B47C66.jpeg

96107D72-D352-44DB-AB45-C3765A2A53BF.jpeg

but here is the thing they are rare like really rare and chances are most off you guys will never have seen one

i know i had not but i knew what it was

337AAADD-672B-430C-AD4C-17D785C8BA7B.png

that being said as most off you know i have two full builds on at the min and this is a full project and they are draining the bank

what would you do ?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Get it inside somehow and finish the other 2 first. This can be the last of the interceptors build. Beyond the Vivas...

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That's class, never seen one on the road before like you say, but always knew what they were.

Could be brave project, but if there's a chance it can be saved then go for it!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Very cool car, can't say I have ever seen one before.

I would say it's beyond repair though, unless you're willing to dump 5 figure sums into the restoration of it.

Having recently completed a 944 restoration, which wasn't as bad as that because parts are readily available, I still wouldn't don't think I would do it again.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I admire your passion to save something so rare, but I think sometimes you need to be sensible about these things and take the rose tinted glasses off. It just looks like a complete headache! Especially if it has no sentimental value etc.

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
Seen 2 of them on the back of a trailer a while ago heading from the docks direction towards westlinkm both looke sin good nick. Took a while to think what they were

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird
thanks i needed that lol
Get it inside somehow and finish the other 2 first. This can be the last of the interceptors build. Beyond the Vivas...
i have already arranged dry storage
Awesome she’s a project for the young lad
he helped load it and hide it from his mother so he is on board already
I'm gonna call back here in 5 years and remind you to start into this one mate, it'll be even cooler by then 👍🏻

if i am still here in 5 years i’ll be doing well lol
Pull the back end out and get your mate to weigh it in. Too far gone for it not to be something you’ve really an interest in. Focus on the others
mate ffs a bit off positivity not every thing is for t met lol
Wasnt even worth stealing by the hoods lol. I know that area well!

if i can’t get her started in 20 mins neither will they but to be honest where it was parked looked like a pedo trap for car thief’s lol
Jeez...put that thing out of its misery!!! If thats what you can see i wouldnt like to know whats hidden

Brave man if you take that on, heart of a Lion :joy:

i have fixed worse before lol
It looks like a mk2 Scirocco banged a twin cam and this is what came along 9 months later lol proper cool looking thing!!

same guy designed the scirocco and the delorian
Seen 2 of them on the back of a trailer a while ago heading from the docks direction towards westlinkm both looke sin good nick. Took a while to think what they were

i have a lead on these for bits
@carmad. will sell you this… bring a dustpan and brush

i have brushed worse out the door but on closer inspection this has sat for so long it has a ginger fur coat