The Zoo Zoo Pizza

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird
Hey Carmad, im glad to see your still collecting scrap, i mean interesting cars ha ha. this one looks interesting any way.

Blast from the past right there ๐Ÿ˜ƒ mate your welcome to come have look anytime ๐Ÿ‘

Phil_ray

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Rav4
Blast from the past right there ๐Ÿ˜ƒ mate your welcome to come have look anytime ๐Ÿ‘
ha ha cheers mate, might have to give you a shout next time im up around your area.

yea just thought i would log in, kinda miss old forums, facebook groups just arent the same.

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird
so first day back at it after holidays and he is flat out ๐Ÿ˜‚

26CE9836-2EE5-4D63-B69F-8ABD3A0CA6C0.jpeg

1DE0833C-430F-420C-AD51-7595CA342517.jpeg

he even got the drill out to check the distributor

and he is over the moon he got these working

KevM

RMS Regular
So looks like a Capri with the lights up!

They were such an odd, cool wee car in their day. I'd say if you get that restored, it'll be one of a handful left in the UK

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird
so due to some lazy types letting me down at the weekend we found ourselves in the shed for the first time in a load off weeks

he has been working away and he has got the coil sparking on ignition / reds and the engine turning over but no spark

i can tell itโ€™s really getting to him as he was up with the soldering iron lol

6D483FA4-1B03-4E15-92BB-F050DA773B0A.jpeg

he did fix some small issues and get the radio and multi cd changer working

anyone wanna guess what tape was in the tape deck and started playing lol

7F35DC4D-5374-4530-95B7-462E66210846.jpeg

tho i can tell itโ€™s starting to get to him and frustration will start the spanners flying

in my opinion the ecu is fried but the other things he has got working leaves this prime for an engine conversion and he is slowly coming round to why someone else gave up on it

with no basic service parts / advice from the club available it is soon going to become a carmad original lol

Phil_ray

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Rav4
just thinking, do you have all 4 of them alloys, i seen a few of the guys on the max power facebook page looking these as the mad styling is coming back in, they could be worth a few bob.

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird
just thinking, do you have all 4 of them alloys, i seen a few of the guys on the max power facebook page looking these as the mad styling is coming back in, they could be worth a few bob.

what alloys ?

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Epic project and your son reminds me so much of me at that age, like you I'm sure the stuff we tinkered with had carbs and points so didn't require as much electrical knowledge!

Glad you saved it, I'd image it would be worth good money if it was restored to original, very rare wee car indeed, only even seen one at the car shows in Kings Hall.

Would it be worth spending ยฃ80 and having the ECU repaired?

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird

carmad.

RMS Regular
OP
carmad.
Drives
good old bird
That other one is a dust-pan & brush job

mine has rust in weird places because it has sat so long but that one looks like the floors ect are going to be bad because off the smashed windows

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Saw this online - some inspiration for the young chap!

Attachments

• 9C6B5EDC-A637-4A52-B5CA-2AB820F42F59.jpeg
    9C6B5EDC-A637-4A52-B5CA-2AB820F42F59.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 104
  • 3732F095-5C88-4470-8FC3-F48903E90919.jpeg
    3732F095-5C88-4470-8FC3-F48903E90919.jpeg
    603.9 KB · Views: 103