Theres a section for bikes?!?

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
I am impressed.
This was my latest purchase last year.

Ive added Full akra heated grips some powerparts bling here and there, pile of evotech kit, remapped it and ride it. Currently trying new M7rr's which im well impressed with and a 200 profile on the rear. Bout 6000 miles on it now. Few niggles with the clutch slipping but seem to have gotten that sorted. any other KTM people on here?

DSC_0467.JPG DSC_0604.JPG DSC_0636.JPG DSC_0711.JPG DSC_0760.JPG

genman

G
Nice indeed...a fella local to me has one...seem to remember he has had a few KTM's.
I bet it sounds great with the can and of course the baffle out.

migs

RMS Regular
That's nice... Id considered one at the beginning of the year but it was outside my budget unfortunately... Would love a run on one just to see what they go like, after riding 2 Z1000's and now a Speed Triple R.

Stunning bit of kit and im sure its a real hoon!

Ged

RMS Regular
OP
Ged
Drives
sexmo VTS
Well never updated this but 19K miles in now and ive had to actually do something to the bike other than service it, Feed it rubber and petrol
Rear wheel bearings got slack on her, a quick google and its a common problem apperently as water cant get out of the swing arm, sure enough soon as I got the carrier loose puddle of water on the floor, ordered the bearings online std bearings not very expensive at all, also stuck a new DID chain and sprockets on while I was at it. The dealer fix is to drill a small hole in the swingarm to let water out so ive done that.

DSC_1428.JPG

Water and bearings dont mix

DSC_1425.JPG
DSC_1426.JPG

All sorted actually wasnt too bad just drifted the old ones out and used them to tap the new ones in.

DSC_1427.JPG

Still couldnt do without this thing its just such a damn riot. I never really got the whole thing of it makes you smile everytime you drive/ride it until I bought this. Acutally sold it to a mate and had to buy it back.

Havent test rode a gen 3 yet, but ill get down to mccallens some day and try one. The gen 2 never really impressed me enough to want to change it was too tied down with elecronics, the gen 1 is just so raw and vicious I think im taming it they lost something.

Cheers,
Ged

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
On VFR400's I used to remove the eccentric hub and spray expanding foam in the arm. Stopped and water (and stones) getting near the hub.