Thinking of selling the bike

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Facebook Marketplace, post on all of the bike buy/sell pages and groups, Gumtree, DoneDeal, eBay, classifieds on here etc.

Get it posted in as many places as possible. It only takes 1 person that wants it to see it.

Put up a decent advert with as many details as possible, good clear pictures of the bike that actually show the bike and it’s current condition as opposed to a pic of the mountains with a small view of the bike in the foreground etc. All of this “PM for details” nonsense is nothing more than a waste of time. If it’s not advertised right, it’ll put genuine buyers off.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Facebook Marketplace, post on all of the bike buy/sell pages and groups, Gumtree, DoneDeal, eBay, classifieds on here etc.

Get it posted in as many places as possible. It only takes 1 person that wants it to see it.

Put up a decent advert with as many details as possible, good clear pictures of the bike that actually show the bike and it’s current condition as opposed to a pic of the mountains with a small view of the bike in the foreground etc. All of this “PM for details” nonsense is nothing more than a waste of time. If it’s not advertised right, it’ll put genuine buyers off.

Donedeal has been the best for me when selling bikes.

Guys travelled from Athlone to pick up one and up from Dublin for another. General feeling from them both was bikes up North are better, they both said they don't even bother looking at ROI adverts anymore as they're all dogs.

Manover50

RMS Regular
OP
Manover50
Drives
JaguarXFR-S
Just a bit cautious of the whole thing... A mate got stung last year when the money transfer wasn't legit and his bike was never seen again.
Police apparently just seized the money.... I know its rare but in my case its to clear finance.

Any dealers taking bikes in?

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Also beware of dodgy notes if dealing in cash. Sold an R6 once to an associate of a certain Belfast motorcycle trader and got a few ropey 20s in amongst the cash.