this months heads up

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
not saying its a bad or a good thing lads. but you have been warned. this month is bike month. our good PSNI will be paying special attention to bikes on the roads.
i dont like to say target but lets say attention will be giving to bikes over the next 30 days so keep it handy, get the small number plates (because we all know small number plates kill people) off the bikes...

we are the targeted road users this month in the whole safety thing, im sure its nothing to do with making money in fines lol..

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Screenshot_20180731-093526_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20180731-093534_Facebook.jpg

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
They were standing at the bottom of the flying kilo the other night, right at the end at the junction towards Leathemstown. They were pointing the gun across the field up the flying kilo. I had a spirited ride around the track for a few laps and on the way home they were standing there, a lap earlier and i'd have been getting a slap on the wrists

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
i'd have been getting a slap on the wrists

If you stopped :monkey:

In fairness, laps of Dundrod is like sh¡tting on my own doorstep, just too close to the house for any carry-on round there.

Last time I did a proper 'spirited' lap at Dundrod was with John Hinds. Only got as far as Turnagrough before he binned a brand new GSXR test ride. John was a great lad and one hell of a pilot.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
last time I did a proper 'spirited' lap at Dundrod was with John Hinds. Only got as far as Turnagrough before he binned a brand new GSXR test ride. John was a great lad and one hell of a pilot.

Is that when the #selfdiagnosis came about?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
It was. Sitting at the side of the road, waiting on the GS recovery van and he stripped off his leathers and started to list down what he'd done. Completely unassuming and a complete header.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That’s real nice of them, catch out all the poor unsuspecting visitors that are over visiting for the Ulster GP with some of them just wanting to tick a lap of the circuit off as part of a bucket list. I do appreciate not all stick to the speed limit, myself maybe included.

I’ve nothing against the police, but surely doing something like going to Newcastle on a Sunday and having a chat with all the bikers would be better. Maybe organise a bikesafe thing which takes in the circuit(at legal speeds) or something like that.

Or maybe just go out on the police bikes and target the cars who pull out in front of bikes, don’t see bikes etc. and educate drivers to be more bike aware.

Should take a leaf out of the Isle of Man police book, nicest coppers ever, most of them bike fans and very fair I found.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.