Thoughts On Tonight's First Episode Of Top Gear?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
Watched it for 10 minutes turned it off. Won't be in a hurry to watch anymore of them. Clarkson Hammond and may cannot be topped I know clarkson could be a k**b at times but that's why Everyone watched it A ginger p***k a yank and a woman. (Yes I know who she is) for me it's not going to work. Evans trying to be clarkson. Might have been easier to watch it on mute. (y):cool:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Managed half an hour and gave up. Was very disappointed that they didn't change the tone of the show even slightly, they've tried to emulate what came before but it's been said a million times - the original trio had great natural chemistry, trying to get a new crew to force that and copy it will never work. It all felt too forced.

With that said, I thought Le Blanc was quite likable/watchable, more so than Evans - even though some of voice-overs sounded a bit cheesy, like listening to those in the You've Been Framed show.

*note to Beeb - next time, just pay a taxi driver a hundred quid to bring Clarkson a ******* steak from somewhere.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Chris Evans was awful, ruined the entire show for me. I thought Le Blanc was good.

Viper vs vette - Too much Chris Evans and nothing about the actual cars.
UK vs US Challenge - Still too much Evans, also really boring.
Rallycross - (y)
Ariel Nomad - (y)

Extra Gear was pretty good, personally I don't know why Harris and Reid are stuck in there. They would be better off in the main show with Le Blanc and Schmitz and just remove Evans from the line up altogether. Then it would be worth watching.

Ant

RMS Regular
Wasn't great , but then neither was the old one in recent times, I got sick of the massively scripted challenge stuff seasons ago, it just isn't entertaining, I'd rather just watch reviews on cars.

Bad first episode though, shouldn't have tried to copy the dialog and such of the previous presenters, no need

(fwiw I don't think the Amazon effort from Clarkson and Co will be much good either)

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I thought it was as good as the original which really had a lot of boring **** in it mixed up with some great stuff. Was caravan racing really that interesting a few years ago???

The only thing missing at the moment is the humour and personalities of the original, Hammond, May and Clarkson had it in spades. I think / hope in time it will come.(y)

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Unimpressed, from the second it started and Evens opened with a carbon copy of the way Clarkson used to. I will watch it next week and perhaps it will get better, perhaps the chemistry between the presenters will improve. Say what you like about the Clakson years of Top gear, but you genuinly got the impression that the three of them were mates dicking about in cars and having fun.....................And on that bombshell

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
There was little wrong with the format of the original, just an issue with the behaviour of one of the presenters!

It's got different presenters and I think it just needs a chance for viewers to make up there mind about it.

I'll watch it every Sunday regardless but if they end up doing stupid stuff like target shooting caravans I'll be fast forwarding like I always did!

Last edited:
Reactions: DC.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
I've yet to watch it and by the sounds of it won't be in a hurry to do so, surprised Le Blanc is getting rated and Evans slated, thought it would be the other way around.

hippyross

RMS Regular
Never watched it because I don't pay a TV licence lol I watch it on I player or whatever its called.

andym1988

RMS Member
Drives
astra sxi and a
Don't think Chris Evans is the best person to be the main host. It was nonsense, the missile Lock ***** when a drag race would do. The cheer for the best car and the new dirt section in the laps what a loada ***** won't be watching again

Les Graham

RMS Regular
My thoughts...
Content was good
LeBlanc was as wooden as a rocking horse and obviously reading every scripted word
Evans? I'd never tire punching that annoying t**t.
Clarkson, Hammond & May worked as mates and had more fluency.
While they tried to stick to what works they don't seem to realise it was the presenters that delivered it.
Not for me I'm afraid

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Wasn't great,was never going to be as good as the old show and as said prefer Le Blanc over Evans,but at least it's something to watch on a Sunday night

Reactions: DC.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Started badly, but I'm guessing Evans was taking the pee.

Got better as the episode went on, going to take a while I think but should come good.

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
The content was good. The problem for me was Chris Evans tried too much to be like Clarkson and it didnt work at all.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.