Thread: Ride out 24/6 Coast Run

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I can confirm the Michelin Road 5 is a great tyre and handled a hot Bishopscourt admirably, I was one of only 2 rider's on them and the other guy was on his first trackday. I'm rusty and have never been round Bishopscourt but one of the instructors followed me the whole 4th session (on my old GSXR1000 but that's another story!) and said that I should be in the intermediate group as I was too fast in the novice group though they state road 5 users have to be in the novice group and their tech manager told me they don't recommended them for track.

Really good tyre for one which is supposed to be the best in the wet..........definitely not wet today!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Seen your bike there @mike150, i got talking to @gav525 there but never got to meet yourself. The boy out on the Superduke was on fire! He was showing the instructors the way.lol
I had a chat with the guy on the superduke, he was doing his first trackday!

During the tyre tech talk the Michelin tech manager asked on dual compound tyres does anyone here wear out the sides of their tyre before the middle on the road. He expected no one.
1 hand went up........the guy on the superduke!
I wasn't surprised.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.