Tiguan R line

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Set the scene-

Own a 66 plate GTI MK7 dsg, then bought a JCW mini fully loaded with pro bits, stuck the GTI up for sale, no interest, stuck the mini up and sold within 24 hours. Doh.
Decided that we were keeping the golf to sit beside the scrapper CRV and took the for sale ad down for the golf. That was on a Thursday evening. Friday evening I decided to have a look on UsedCarsNi and spotted the tiguan I ended up buying. Not many petrol Tiguan 2.0 around in R-line spec. When we went to look at it i pulled out the service book and spotted it was owned by the fella that I bought my S3 saloon from. I dropped him a few messages whilst looking over the car at VW Agnews. Test drive and deal done trading in the GTI.

Spec-
2018 model
180bhp Petrol - handy revo'd ;-)
4Motion
DSG
Virtual Cockpit
Pan opening roof
Dynaudio upgrade with nav
Power tailgate with handsfree opening (kick your foot out)
Unused detachable towbar
Side steps
Park Assist
Heated seats
Cruise control
Reverse camera
20inch rims
Metro plates are on until i get to the motor factors

lzE%P9qARvynwHkyJKAK3A.jpg
ZIhOmJyWRpyoXwMM6XXbiQ.jpg
N2SvJZd+T76%1Us4NfQ%4g.jpg
k0mqny+jSymc9AqLzNeJVA.jpg
cAni1ThqRsyaInNTpjXbjw.jpg
IIhAiLtzTJucv11%pXw5zA.jpg
5jBKdnv4RlGlCOTIbzZQyw.jpg
HhBtY0+qTJyrI6jIMVRT6g.jpg
t2NyAz4LSgO%yJPiEkLj6g.jpg
oX4dhOhgRV2a1w2N4av8Ig.jpg
enjYxOF2SXaO0Ig9BgScqg.jpg
0P83L2qtQ3SAP1zlW7sXag.jpg
Son785UHQrufW1Zy1D+RcA.jpg
jBFfZ5MiSI2MBvNvV5+AWw.jpg

Goes ok in sport mode.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Lovely, it was down to the wire with one of these and the X3 , i love the pano roof and digi dash , health to.. stand and look at it during quarantine

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
What's it like on petrol? Bound to be a heavy beast.
What bhp would Revo put it to?

Edit* Love it by the way.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
What's it like on petrol? Bound to be a heavy beast.
What bhp would Revo put it to?

Edit* Love it by the way.

Trip show 32mpg avg. But its done only 96 miles since we bought last month. MPG isn't too much of an issue for the wife. She did 3k miles in the GTI in just under a year. Its alot better than the derv ML that we owned, it did 19mpg (remapped) and dpf issue every other week, hence why we went for petrol SUV.
I've a petrol auto CRV, and it only manages 23mpg on a cold day and 27mpg on a hot day.

Revo should be able to bring it up to 230+ bhp and add a hell of alot more torque.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That is lovely, such a good looking jeep. Well spec’d too!

Cant believe you ended up with 2 cars from the same guy, small world.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Looks great, pretty much the r line tech spec with the exception of the Dynaudio. I’ve mine a year this month and love it. Vag cafe is stunning but I like this one.

4F0EA152-7834-4B66-8618-D4403915461D.jpeg

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Spotted this last night in the town. They are superb and do everything so well. We have a 2019 Match derv and we absolutely love it. My cousin got the R line with the petrol engine, looking forward to having a look at some point.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Looks great, pretty much the r line tech spec with the exception of the Dynaudio. I’ve mine a year this month and love it. Vag cafe is stunning but I like this one.

View attachment 273578
Definitely like the dechrome. That’s on the cards once lockdown over. I’ll not lower it though. Also plan on a side stripe at the bottom much like the racing line broad stripe
33F98A01-43BF-4425-B8A8-D790ED7C3AAF.jpeg

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Totally agree, mine will be going to get the front windows tinted and dechromed. I would like running boards but can’t justify the money at present.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
How are you getting on with this? The other half is considering one to replace the A6 later in the year albeit it would be a diesel version.