Time to get the GTS back on the road

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
If it's any consolation I don't think the Testarossa is a good car, I had a good fast drive in one a long, long time ago and it was a very disappointing car.

I'd buy a 355 if I wanted a nice classic Ferrari

j44nty

RMS Regular
If it's any consolation I don't think the Testarossa is a good car, I had a good fast drive in one a long, long time ago and it was a very disappointing car.

I'd buy a 355 if I wanted a nice classic Ferrari
355 for me last of the classic analogue cars. Lovely to look at too and more surprising when people find out it’s not an mr2.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
That's a shame and I know how you feel. Still, save the cash and keep adding to it and when the next recession comes along you might be surprised what might be within your reach...

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I'll come clean. I was lined up to buy a friends Testarossa, had agreed and shook on it 2 weeks ago and then got a text last Thursday from the owner (no they didn't have the guts to phone me) that they are selling the car to someone else for more money. There's much much more to it than that but as much as it stinks/hurts its private and I'm keeping it that way.
The bottom line is that I've sold the GTS for a bad price to move it on, for no reason as it was only going to fund the TR (the owner KNEW this from the start). If there is a stronger word than gutted then that's it.
Now some of you I'm sure are thinking "dry your eyes", you have money in the bank now, and yes your right, I do, but I have been a Tiffosi pretty much all my life and have worked hard all these years to be able to buy my car. When the TR was offered to me it was something not to be missed. Problem I'm left with now is I can't afford to buy another F car that I'd want! So yes there is money in the bank but not enough to bring another Ferrari home.

Needed to get that off my chest, sorry :sob:
In this country, people get shot for less, just saying lol

johnm

RMS Regular
Dude, that would rightly have anyone pissed off beyond belief. Something will come up though, just bide your time and don't rush into getting a gap filler. You'll be back in a prancing horse again.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.