Tips for Goodwood Festival of Speed

MarkM

RMS Regular
Drives
F82 M4 CP
I’m going again, staying in Brighton, mainly because we’ve never been and I just fancy it, just doing Sunday this time though for the festival.
At this stage most/all flights and hotels will be booked

Zach417

RMS Regular
When I went we flew over and got a hire car and stayed near Gatwick airport because all the hotels near Goodwood were booked up, it’s about an hours drive.

e320mark

RMS Regular
I’m just not sure what way to go about it, really only going for my 11yr old who was totally bored with the boat & then the drive the last time we did it.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Drives
F82 M4 CP
I’m just not sure what way to go about it, really only going for my 11yr old who was totally bored with the boat & then the drive the last time we did it.
Flying into Luton/Gatwick and even staying there will be the cheapest option, it’s really not far as mentioned above.

Last edited:

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
M3, VRS, Jedi
@mike150 amd a couple of other mates heading over in the camper... we are doing Belfast Liverpool overnight wed night - means we will be there ~thurs lunch time... coming back Monday via Holyhead...

Always fancied going, and looking forward to setting up camp and just being there for the whole event 👍

DJR Media

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia vRS TFSI
Going Thursday-Sunday
Driving over from Dublin-Holyhead
Staying in Portsmouth
Looking forward to it 1st time going :laughing:

BrookST

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza STI
Was considering flying / train / accommodation but the thought of the drive is intriguing, I take it parking will be a nightmare at the event though!

Zach417

RMS Regular
Was considering flying / train / accommodation but the thought of the drive is intriguing, I take it parking will be a nightmare at the event though!
Finding the car afterwards is the hard part so make a note of where you left it and it’ll very dusty

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Email said postponed til late summer/early autumn. But sure who knows what state we'll be in by then.

They intend to run the Revival as intended.