Tips for Goodwood Festival of Speed

MarkM

RMS Regular
I’m going again, staying in Brighton, mainly because we’ve never been and I just fancy it, just doing Sunday this time though for the festival.
At this stage most/all flights and hotels will be booked

Zach57

RMS Regular
When I went we flew over and got a hire car and stayed near Gatwick airport because all the hotels near Goodwood were booked up, it’s about an hours drive.

e320mark

RMS Regular
I’m just not sure what way to go about it, really only going for my 11yr old who was totally bored with the boat & then the drive the last time we did it.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I’m just not sure what way to go about it, really only going for my 11yr old who was totally bored with the boat & then the drive the last time we did it.

Flying into Luton/Gatwick and even staying there will be the cheapest option, it’s really not far as mentioned above.

Last edited:

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4

You can’t get much easier than Gatwick and the train.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
@mike150 amd a couple of other mates heading over in the camper... we are doing Belfast Liverpool overnight wed night - means we will be there ~thurs lunch time... coming back Monday via Holyhead...

Always fancied going, and looking forward to setting up camp and just being there for the whole event 👍

DJR Media

RMS Regular
Drives
2012 Audi S4
Going Thursday-Sunday
Driving over from Dublin-Holyhead
Staying in Portsmouth
Looking forward to it 1st time going :laughing:

BrookST

RMS Regular
Drives
Monaro VXR
Was considering flying / train / accommodation but the thought of the drive is intriguing, I take it parking will be a nightmare at the event though!

Zach57

RMS Regular
Was considering flying / train / accommodation but the thought of the drive is intriguing, I take it parking will be a nightmare at the event though!
Finding the car afterwards is the hard part so make a note of where you left it and it’ll very dusty

e320mark

RMS Regular
Hopefully this is a video from 2017, was hoping to go this year, no doubt if rescheduled I’ll be working!

Attachments

• DDEF13C3-7F43-4959-876D-422C6BA436FE.jpeg
    DDEF13C3-7F43-4959-876D-422C6BA436FE.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 75

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Email said postponed til late summer/early autumn. But sure who knows what state we'll be in by then.

They intend to run the Revival as intended.

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
We were chatting amongst our group that were going. Surely they can't just suddenly pull a date out of thin air. The planning that must go into an event like this..... Its starting to feel a bit like they're just holding on to the money as long as possible.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
They probably do have a date proposed, but will wait to announce it if things improve, talking to a few other (smaller) event organisers, and all have dates penciled in for future but won't publicly announce things until they see an improvement/get the go ahead.

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
I guess that's feasible. Early autumn sounds like less fun than the middle of July though

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Goodwood have just confirmed that both FOS and Revival have been cancelled.

TBH, how they ever thought that they would go ahead I don't know.

They are actually asking people to make up to £500 donations to GSA (Goodwood Supporters Association) so things must be getting tight.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Gutted that the one year it all aligned for me and a few mates.... it couldnt happen, albeit first world problems compared to what is going on...

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
Yeah raging, we're debating whether to let the tickets slide into next year or ply it safe with the refund. They can pretty much go jump with any requests for donations lol.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Dates and info released for 2021. Given the current situation that we're in right now, I'm slightly doubtful about it running as normal, but would be great if it could. And it's just nice to finally see events of any kind going back into the calendar!