tl1000s

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

turbopresh

RMS Regular
Drives
yamaha r1
just finished restoring this big girl, been doing bits and pieces for a while now but it's starting to take shape now. Mirrors (not in the photos) are now fitted, i'm waiting for my indicators, bar ends and decals coming in the post.. should hopefully be mot'd by the end of this week all being well..

some photos as she stands at the moment..

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
Gorgeous bike. friend of mine had a tl1000r. two triangle yoshi exhausts. Thing just grumbled and im sure yours is the same.
He put a modded lower fairing on and it looked really well

heavyoilhenry

RMS Regular
Drives
GTTDi-Rascal TLr
Tasty. Love the sound of them twins. Will put manners in you if your not careful lol

turbopresh

RMS Regular
OP
turbopresh
Drives
yamaha r1
@dannyfawcett would love to be greedy and own a tl1000r aswell.. they give me the horn even more than the s.. but there is something super sexy about a tls in red.. thanks for the comments guys :grinning:

genman

G
compared to some of his early days bikes he has nothing to fear from the TL
Nice job....any plans for downpipes in stainless etc...for me the black doesn't look quite right

turbopresh

RMS Regular
OP
turbopresh
Drives
yamaha r1
Nothing yet terry.. Any of the aftermarket systems I've seen on eBay so far are way overpriced.. I'll keep a watchful eye and end up with something though

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Look's well Jonny. I heard it on G's snapchat, she's no 2-stroke.

turbopresh

RMS Regular
OP
turbopresh
Drives
yamaha r1
Waiting for my bloody indicators to land! Been waiting like 3 days now I've never had the itch so bad lol

turbopresh

RMS Regular
OP
turbopresh
Drives
yamaha r1
doing some more tinkering tonight.. stripped her down the other night as I snapped a bolt in the left hand clip on.. nightmare.. makes life handier for fitting the indicators which i'm still waiting on! .. fitted the steering damper while I had the oppurtunity this evening..

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Love those things ! A mate had a black one with Boss cans, sounded raucous.
Lovely thing to ride, easy wheelies from 3rd gear and entertaining with the flexy frame, the side stand bar sticky out bit/thingy that you push with your boot, is a pain in the ass as they straighten out after time and grind the deck when your not expecting it. Pure fun ! :laughing: (y)

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
I have a serious Hadron collider for these and yours looks to be in great shape!
My first big bike was a curvy sv650s, loved it to death and I always fancied the bigger model lol.
Keep the pics coming, I still think one of these or the naked TL1000 would make a great addition to my garage at some point in life!

turbopresh

RMS Regular
OP
turbopresh
Drives
yamaha r1
This will be for sale in the next week or so for anyone interested. Asking 1800ono

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.