to lower 50mm or not that is the big question

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Joefish

right im not goin puttin uprated shock in my civic

tis a 1.5 1995 shape Civic Coupe and im going putting 16'' rim on it, the rims are proper offset n profile on them is 45

1. now should i go safe 40mm, if i do does anyone know will she look right wit 16''

2. or should i go 50mm wit the 16 wha ye fink ive heard 20 diff opinions on this

3. ive located coilovers also, whas the pro and cons of coilovers lads n lassies

thanks in advance for yer help

Gambit

RMS Regular
1 & 2, if you are putting on coilovers then you can set it to both heights and see what you think is best

pro's - adjustable height to whatever you want
con's - pain in the arse adjusting them

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
but once they are adjusted they are better than springs - u do not have to do them urself

id go for the coilovers :laughing: :laughing:

Joefish

OP
J
well ive a set of coilovers located and the lad said he will installed them and all for 300 yoyo thats bout 200 pound

some people say that the coilovers are very severe on a car which i dont get

Gambit

RMS Regular
only reason id buy coilovers if i was looking to trackday a car one weekend then show it the next weekend - then i could set it to the required height

for normal daily driving where your basically fit & forget - then there is no point behind coilovers

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
coilovers take the car down past where normal springs just cant go! they are easy to adjust the height once fitted and allow the car to sit really sweet in the arches! £200 is a bargain for them aswell, i say go for it!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.