Todd's Alpine White BMW E92 M3

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Awesome, I bet your well chuffed. Did you trade in the M135i or get it sold privately?

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Just brilliant. Best colour for that model
Thanks David! I originally wanted a Santorini Blue (I still would love one), but they were just too close to M4 money. If i were spending that sort of money, i would have went with an M4.

Absolutely delightful! HTD!
Thank you Jonny!

Absolutely amazing! The LCi tail lights make such a difference.

Do you know how much the CIC retrofit is?
They really do. I bought them immediately before picking the car up. Can't stand the Pre-LCI lights!

@AlpineF30 has been keeping me right with the CIC retrofit. Seem to anywhere from £350 upwards, depending on how lucky you are with sourcing the parts.

Ps, don't get annoyed with the huge number of quotes! :joy:

I have 4pipe mod.... Should of called over, I'd of let you hear it. Everyone over here are wimps to run it lol its not even that loud 🤷‍♀️
I have the primary decat pipes to go on it as well as the rear lci lights...need to remove my finger haha
I didn't realise you had the 4 pipe mod or i would have asked! @dempster__ kindly took me a run in his. I'll definitely be going for the 4 Pipe over the 2 Pipe. The M135i is currently 100x louder than the M3 atm! I was shocked at how quiet the standard exhaust is.

Looked lovely earlier, can’t beat a white M car imo.
AUC is a huge bonus plus you know if they were retailing it, you’ve bought a good one, all the best with it, look forward to the mods :cool:
Thanks Mark! Was surprised not to see the M4 there.

The warranty was a big selling point. On the way up to view the car, i was sort of hoping that it wouldn't have been the car for me, but after seeing it i knew i had to come home with it. Really could have done with the M135i selling first, but sure!

Thanks Chris!

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Good to meet you earlier @Todd, the car looks super and in great condition and agree the OEM look is nice. Just a little drop and spacers 😉. Will have to get all the RMS e92s photographed together since there are so many now!
You to Allan! Nice to put a face to the name. Springs & Spacers will happen soon. Wedding saving mode is reengaged for the next 8 weeks. Would be great to get all the E92's and M cars together.

Lovely car, I am a massive fan of your M135i aswell :grinning:
Thanks! The M135i is a fun car. You wouldn't happen to want to do a buy? :joy:

Looks very well Chris. The plans are perfect too, I think they definitely need the dark grills/carbon with some lows on a nice set of comp alloys.
Cheers Trevor. I originally had my heart set on all the Carbon, lows and Comp Wheels but i really like it as is atm. Though, i'm sure it will happen soon!

Fantastic looking, the LCI lights are are a great job, I really need to get round to swapping mine out.

CIC and combox is a must 😎
Thanks, and thanks again for the advice.

You've done the hard jobs to yours. At least the lights will be a doddle.

Love the car @Todd , she looks like a very very clean example.

Had a good nosy at it earlier after chatting to you.

Health to drive sir. (y)
Thank you Neil! I am very pleased with it. Looking forward to the better weather to get out and enjoy it.

The Civic was looking great as always.

Lovely Todd. Health to enjoy her.
Great choice - decent spec and looks a nice clean example that.
Beautiful, really like that
Thanks lads!

Love that. Dont suppose you looked at the grey one when you were there?
I didn't Nick. I saw it parked at the entrance when i was leaving but didn't have a close look around it. They have another white one as well.

Very very nice. HTD. A quiet fast car isn’t a bad thing, easier to make rapid progress under the radar
Cheers! (y) This is true. Although it just isn't how a V8 should sound. In my opinion of course.

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Stunning!! :heart_eyes:
Looks stunning - i think the wheels are perfect!
Thanks men!

That looks class! Gonna be real boring and say I don't think I would change much at all. Exhaust, 20mm springs and spacers and I think it would be perfect! HTD
This is my plan at the minute! You don't seem many with the original wheels which i like!

Looks great as is Christopher. Unbelievably clean and with the exhaust mod, it'll sound as good as it looks!
Thanks Ian. I'm looking forward to getting the exhaust done. Thanks for showing me around the Forester. Very, very cool!

Id definitely go down the HAS kit from KW ... best of both worlds. Cant wait to see it with all the carbon added.
These seem to be the "go to" setup. Did you have it yourself?

Yessssssss more e92 content to follow!
How are you getting on with yours?

Lovely car my man :cool: whoever coded them lights done a fantastic job
Cheers bai. He's some man, for one man!

Awesome, I bet your well chuffed. Did you trade in the M135i or get it sold privately?
I am Chris, love it. Really wish i had bought one sooner. The book value on M135i's are terrible, so i didn't even ask what the trade in value would have been. I still have it at the minute but it's for sale privately. It's currently in the Country Garage for service, then it's good to go!

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
I didn't take many photos when fitting the LCI Rear Lights.

@Tufty very kindly got me sorted with the lamps at short notice. Brilliant service as always. (y)

Picked up the Harness and Reverse light holder / bulbs from The Country Garage.

When the lights were out, i gave the paintwork behind them a quick clean and wipe down with C2V3. (Forgot to take photos of these all cleaned).

@dempster__ then coded them as my Carly doesn't seem to want to work anymore.

IMG_8041.JPG
IMG_8067.jpg
IMG_8145.JPG
IMG_8146.JPG
IMG_8147.JPG

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
That’s just perfect looking. Can’t wait to see your own touches as many have already said your 135i was lovely. Health to drive/enjoy

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
I have 4pipe mod.... Should of called over, I'd of let you hear it. Everyone over here are wimps to run it lol its not even that loud 🤷‍♀️
I have the primary decat pipes to go on it as well as the rear lci lights...need to remove my finger haha

Complete thread hijack here - I discovered the MPerformance boxes have been opened and welded. Not sure what the extent of the modding is inside though.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That's lovely, and great wee tweaks too.

For me I don't think it needs the carbon stuff, looks great clean just as it sits. Refreshing even. But that's just personal opinion.

Black kidneys definitely though!

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
That’s just perfect looking. Can’t wait to see your own touches as many have already said your 135i was lovely. Health to drive/enjoy
Thanks Jonny! The M135i was very simple. Lowered, spaced, gloss black grills and a gloss black splitter. I think sometimes that less is more.

That’s tidy 👍🏻 You’ve got me looking at these now. Grown up me says stick with 300bhp and Quattro but I’d still love a V8 given I do very little mileage
I think the M3 is a car everyone should own at some point, even for a brief spell. The S3 is a lovely car. I'd like to give one of them a go at some stage!

Make it so
As @Jonny says, make it happen @Deezer-D! :joy:

:weary_face: Not helping my want for an M car
:joy: Are you in the notion of changing again Nick?

That's lovely, and great wee tweaks too.

For me I don't think it needs the carbon stuff, looks great clean just as it sits. Refreshing even. But that's just personal opinion.

Black kidneys definitely though!
Thanks! Refreshing is the best word i could use to describe it as well. I think i'll keep it as is for a while and see what my thoughts are in a few months.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Love it, can see what you mean regarding mods it does look good. The black and white is very hard to look past though.

Does the interior feel like a step back from the newer M135I?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I am....I went to view the M3 Comp at CM Cars yesterday but wasnt impressed :weary_face:

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
WOW just delightful :heart_eyes:

If it were me I'd leave it as is, although I understand that's easier said than done. Resistance to upgrade parts is very hard

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@Todd this is a real nice clean example of the E92 the LCI lights are a really nice upgrade.

As already mentioned it sits really well and looks bang on. HTD

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Love it, can see what you mean regarding mods it does look good. The black and white is very hard to look past though.

Does the interior feel like a step back from the newer M135I?
Thanks Gavin! If going for Comp wheels, they would have to be silver. I'm not a huge fan of black wheels.

The interior is a little dated in comparison, but the CIC IDrive Retrofit should fix that. Albeit the M135i interior is starting to look older compared to new model cars.

I am....I went to view the M3 Comp at CM Cars yesterday but wasnt impressed :weary_face:
Have you had any joy on your hunt since?

WOW just delightful :heart_eyes:

If it were me I'd leave it as is, although I understand that's easier said than done. Resistance to upgrade parts is very hard
Thanks! Anything i change will be easily changed back, so i can have the best of both worlds. Wedding saving has put the plans on hold for the next 6 weeks.

@Todd this is a real nice clean example of the E92 the LCI lights are a really nice upgrade.

As already mentioned it sits really well and looks bang on. HTD
Thanks Tufty! Just need the weather to enjoy it now...

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Unfortunately no major updates. All my focus was on our wedding which thankfully was able to go ahead on Friday. Albeit a lot different from how we originally planned.

So, now i'm in the process of pricing up the following:
  • KW HAS Kit or Lowering Springs
  • M359 Wheels
  • Spacers
  • Carbon Spoiler & possibly splitter.
  • Gloss Black Kidney Grills.

The M3 gained the number plate that was on the Passat. The Passat then got the plate from M135i (until i get a nicer 2 or 3 digit).

Photos were taken a good week or so ago. Currently in isolation.

IMG_8871.jpeg
IMG_8868.jpeg
IMG_8873.jpeg
IMG_8866.jpeg
IMG_8876.jpeg

J55NI

RMS Regular
Unfortunately no major updates. All my focus was on our wedding which thankfully was able to go ahead on Friday. Albeit a lot different from how we originally planned.

So, now i'm in the process of pricing up the following:
  • KW HAS Kit or Lowering Springs
  • M359 Wheels
  • Spacers
  • Carbon Spoiler & possibly splitter.
  • Gloss Black Kidney Grills.

The M3 gained the number plate that was on the Passat. The Passat then got the plate from M135i (until i get a nicer 2 or 3 digit).

Photos were taken a good week or so ago. Currently in isolation.

View attachment 270487View attachment 270485View attachment 270486View attachment 270484View attachment 270483

Looks great now before the plans. I do always chuckle when I see a BJZ or a 69 plate on a car though.