Todd's Alpine White BMW E92 M3

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
So, a few things have happened since i last updated.

Bit's & pieces of cleaning.
IMG_9526.jpeg
IMG_9525.jpeg

The first main modification was to sort the noise, and the major lack of it. The exhaust in standard form on an E92 is majorly quiet which really annoyed me since i purchased the car. I'm not a huge fan or changing exhaust's but thankfully an exhaust mod is doable on the OEM Back Box. Similar idea to what i had done to the M135i. Basically, you open up the Backbox and cover up the perforated pipes within. The choice is there to do the "4 Pipe Mod", or the "2 Pipe Mod", 4 being the slightly louder, so of course that's what i went for. Thanks to Mark McBurney at DriftShed Ni for doing this for me. He even gave the outside of the exhaust tips a quick polish went the exhaust was off the car!

Hopefully the attached video works. (Don't worry, the car was up to temperature!)

Next up was some Gloss Black Kidney Grills. As usual the behind the grills was cleaned, sealed and plastics dressed before fitting the new grills. I forgot to take a photo of the bumper cleaned before fitting. (Also, please excuse the flies, etc stuck to the front bumper!)

IMG_9193.jpeg
IMG_9194.jpeg
IMG_9197.jpeg
IMG_9205.jpeg

After that it was time to remove the ridiculous front arch gap. I'm not sure why BMW's always sit at a nice height at the rear, but the front is sky high! I researched different brands of springs but i couldn't find a set that i was happy with how they sat. So, instead of forking out a lot of money for Coilovers, i decided to go down the route of the KW HAS kit. It seems to be the "go to" setup on the BMW forums. It's basically a set of lowering springs with slight adjustment.

IMG_9115.jpg

Chris at CM Wheels sorted me out with some Bimecc Spacers & bolts. Great service as always!

IMG_9263.jpeg
IMG_9264.jpeg

So, Robin at Studio Ten was tasked with fitting the KW's and i asked him to fit the spacers while the wheels were off! I always get nervous when leaving cars with Mechanics but with Robin you don't have that issue. He's extremely fussy and couldn't take any more car, plus he cleans bits and pieces as he goes along!
IMG_9379.jpeg

IMG_9381.jpeg
IMG_9480.jpeg

IMG_9479.jpg

And finally, a few quick photos i had took on the short journey home!

IMG_9352.jpeg
IMG_9319.jpeg
IMG_9345.jpeg
IMG_9336.jpeg
IMG_9339.jpeg
IMG_9342.jpeg
IMG_9374.jpeg

I think the next thing i'll purchase is a set of M359 Competition Alloys. It's always how i had pictured the car in my head.

Also bought some of @Big Pimp's goodies to try over the next few weeks!

IMG_9157.jpeg
IMG_9210.jpeg

Thanks for reading & keep safe! (y)
Ok, i'm not sure how to insert videos. Can anyone assist? :grinning:

Attachments

• IMG_9212.jpeg
    IMG_9212.jpeg
    610.1 KB · Views: 70

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That is absolutely perfect Todd. Love it!

I really like it on the standard wheels but there’s no denying it’ll look ace on the Comp wheels too.

Lose that dealer sticker in the rear window just :p.

hre1d

RMS Regular
Drives
JCW | 500X
Fantastic updates Chris, looks stunning! Thought the M3 was sitting a tad lower on the drive this evening😉

Think I heard you recording your video yesterday! Sounded immense!

Will have to get a run out in this later in the year.

I personally like it on the standard wheels too, would you be going hyper silver or similar for the M359s?

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
I have looked at the white one @jaslad has for sale and to be honest I’ve checked most nights this week on it and then I clicked onto Instagram tonight and seen this studio tens page, really nice m3. I’m wondering was this a sign

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Beautiful Chris.

Front of the E46 is the same. Sits too high, especially since I replaced the 2 front shocks. I wonder is that kit available, must look into it.

Smoothie

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman
Looks fantastic. Just sits so well with the spacers. Whats your thoughts on comfort/handling? Was it springs you fitted to the M135i? I remember it sat perfect as well when you fitted spacers

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
That is absolutely perfect Todd. Love it!

I really like it on the standard wheels but there’s no denying it’ll look ace on the Comp wheels too.

Lose that dealer sticker in the rear window just :p.
Thanks @Lyons! I'm really pleased how it's looking now. I love the standard wheels too. At least i'll have the choice and can swap and change when i wish!

Haha, i actually went to remove the dealer sticker a few days ago but it's stuck on pretty well. Wasn't going to be as easy as just pulling it off. I'll keep that job for a day next week. I'm not sure who stuck it on, but it is no where near the centre of the window!! :joy:

Fantastic updates Chris, looks stunning! Thought the M3 was sitting a tad lower on the drive this evening😉

Think I heard you recording your video yesterday! Sounded immense!

Will have to get a run out in this later in the year.

I personally like it on the standard wheels too, would you be going hyper silver or similar for the M359s?

Thanks @hre1d! Slowly but surely getting there.

Haha, yes that would have been me around 6 or 7pm?

Definitely, as soon as this all clears off! Which hopefully will be sooner, rather than later.

Yeah i would be going Hyper Silver. Black does look well on them but in my opinion nothing beats a nice clean silver!

That’ll be perfect on the CP wheels :cool:
I hope so @MarkM! It's how i always pictured the car looking in my mind.

Hope you're settling into the new house?

I have looked at the white one @jaslad has for sale and to be honest I’ve checked most nights this week on it and then I clicked onto Instagram tonight and seen this studio tens page, really nice m3. I’m wondering was this a sign
Cheers @belfastbrm. I think it's a sign and you should go and buy @Jas Lad's, it looks great in the photos.

Beautiful Chris.

Front of the E46 is the same. Sits too high, especially since I replaced the 2 front shocks. I wonder is that kit available, must look into it.
Cheers Ryan! I'm looking forward to being able to get out and enjoy it.

I'm sure there would be a kit available, or something similar. I always thought your car sat very well!

Looks fantastic. Just sits so well with the spacers. Whats your thoughts on comfort/handling? Was it springs you fitted to the M135i? I remember it sat perfect as well when you fitted spacers
Thanks @Smoothie, i think every car looks better lowered slightly with spaced wheels. It's all i ever really do to my cars! To be honest i haven't driven the car much to comment on the handling but first impressions were good. Seems comfortable enough to sit in but stiff enough in the corners. Yeah i fitted H&R Springs to the M135i, they were great too.

Fantastic, well done 😎 Just the right things without going ott. Lovely!
Was wondering who’s car that was on Robin’s instagram. Class, love that 👍🏻
Stunning! Love that especially in white
That’s sitting perfect, just lovely!
Thats beautiful 💙
Thanks gents, i'm really pleased with how it's turned out! (y)

Exhaust sound is sublime!
Thank you. Would i be right in saying you worked in Wrightbus a few years ago? If so, I think you may have given me some CREO training six or seven years ago.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Thanks @Lyons! I'm really pleased how it's looking now. I love the standard wheels too. At least i'll have the choice and can swap and change when i wish!

Haha, i actually went to remove the dealer sticker a few days ago but it's stuck on pretty well. Wasn't going to be as easy as just pulling it off. I'll keep that job for a day next week. I'm not sure who stuck it on, but it is no where near the centre of the window!! :joy:

Thanks @hre1d! Slowly but surely getting there.

Haha, yes that would have been me around 6 or 7pm?

Definitely, as soon as this all clears off! Which hopefully will be sooner, rather than later.

Yeah i would be going Hyper Silver. Black does look well on them but in my opinion nothing beats a nice clean silver!

I hope so @MarkM! It's how i always pictured the car looking in my mind.

Hope you're settling into the new house?

Cheers @belfastbrm. I think it's a sign and you should go and buy @Jas Lad's, it looks great in the photos.

Cheers Ryan! I'm looking forward to being able to get out and enjoy it.

I'm sure there would be a kit available, or something similar. I always thought your car sat very well!

Thanks @Smoothie, i think every car looks better lowered slightly with spaced wheels. It's all i ever really do to my cars! To be honest i haven't driven the car much to comment on the handling but first impressions were good. Seems comfortable enough to sit in but stiff enough in the corners. Yeah i fitted H&R Springs to the M135i, they were great too.

Thanks gents, i'm really pleased with how it's turned out! (y)

Thank you. Would i be right in saying you worked in Wrightbus a few years ago? If so, I think you may have given me some CREO training six or seven years ago.

Loving it thanks :grinning: In these times I feel bad for feeling so happy tbh :oops:

michelinman

RMS Regular
Drives
e46

Lol, yes Chris that was me! Didn't think you'd remember that lol! I seem to recall you ended up in Metallix to do CNC programming? I heard that you are still there under Bamford, or was that false info?

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
That’s perfect Todd.

All I did to mine was add the Bimecc spacers and black kidney grills. Mine sat a tad lower as it was the CP but even still I always thought the front could come down a little.

The CP wheels will look awesome !
B937310C-4EEC-4BD5-9A68-0D75C7FF85A6.jpeg

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Loving it thanks :grinning: In these times I feel bad for feeling so happy tbh :oops:
I don't blame you, it's a beautiful house. Do you have any plans for it?

Lol, yes Chris that was me! Didn't think you'd remember that lol! I seem to recall you ended up in Metallix to do CNC programming? I heard that you are still there under Bamford, or was that false info?
Yeah, i did indeed. I started in Metallix in 2013, i've changed roles a few times since but still enjoying it. Yes back under Bamford, thankfully i was only out of work for a few weeks.

With Wrights closure and everything going on at the minute i feel like i've barely worked in the last six months!

How's Germany treating you?

We all need to get a E92 M3 meet up arranged
I'd be up for that!

That’s perfect Todd.

All I did to mine was add the Bimecc spacers and black kidney grills. Mine sat a tad lower as it was the CP but even still I always thought the front could come down a little.

The CP wheels will look awesome !
View attachment 272161
That looks brilliant @Carson! Did you enjoy the car when you had it?

Looks great Todd. I seen it on Robin's IG but didn't realise it was your car
Thanks Connor! I got the car in January but with planning our wedding / saving i didn't have it out much. So now the wedding's passed, all focus is on the car! Can't wait to enjoy it.

Great job on the Podcast's btw, really enjoying them!

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Thanks Connor! I got the car in January but with planning our wedding / saving i didn't have it out much. So now the wedding's passed, all focus is on the car! Can't wait to enjoy it.

Cheers. They're a lot more work than expected but good fun at the same time :joy:

Hopefully this **** clears up soon and you can use it properly

MarkM

RMS Regular
I don't blame you, it's a beautiful house. Do you have any plans for it?

Yeah, i did indeed. I started in Metallix in 2013, i've changed roles a few times since but still enjoying it. Yes back under Bamford, thankfully i was only out of work for a few weeks.

With Wrights closure and everything going on at the minute i feel like i've barely worked in the last six months!

How's Germany treating you?

I'd be up for that!

That looks brilliant @Carson! Did you enjoy the car when you had it?

plenty of plans but need to pull out of this Nose dive we’re all in 1st! I need a large garage lol

neil#66

RMS Regular
That is sitting at an absolutely perfect height now 😍 I need to stay away from threads like this, makes me want to own one