Top gear

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Paddy was showing that G Wagon no mercy in the quarry, caught fair bit of air time over that wee yump!

Good enough episode but would have liked another piece in the middle for sake of variety and to break it up.

Crap it's only 4 episodes!! There should be a minimum requirement!lol Shame because this is by far the best series in a long time.
Some mess of the front bumper 😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Another good episode.

The best bit? Minimal studio stuff, no z-list "celebrity" fillers, etc. Just a good main feature in each episode with one or two mini features about some interesting car or other to break it up. And the interesting cars being actually interesting, modern or old alike.

Back to basics and all the better for it.

No way I'd have done that skid plate boot thing!

I thought the same! Falling off at 40 would have ended in a&e, never mind falling off at 90... I guess they had been taught to fall like a bike racer and slide to a stop but only Freddie managed that even at walking speed when they finished. The others were sent tumbling. Never mind at speed.

Kudos for giving it a go though! I think Freddie was genuinely up for another go 😅 All brawn and no brains that one :joy:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I've done the boot skid thing before. Wee buns!

...ok well... I was hanging onto my mates B pillar of his 6N2 Polo when we where on R plates, sliding round Iceland car park in the snow. But its basically the same thing😂

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
I've done the boot skid thing before. Wee buns!

...ok well... I was hanging onto my mates B pillar of his 6N2 Polo when we where on R plates, sliding round Iceland car park in the snow. But its basically the same thing😂

my wee bro and his mates used to do it on a moped ffs

edit i just found his utube vids

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Just caught up on that tonight, very good. Could do with binning McGuinness though.
I find him very shouty and hard to listen too at times. But I also believe this is by far the best version of top gear post Clarkson and crew

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Not a fan of McGuiness either but not sure who would replace him. Matt Watson maybe?

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
That Brummie guy, absolutely not, the worst accent on the planet.

Yeh the Carwow fella. Just don't know who else would fill that space but would be interesting to hear people's thoughts. McGuiness may be a neccessary evil lol.

I'm mostly thinking YouTubers such as Seen Through Glass. Actually think Baron Von Grumble would be quite good. Find him very amusing on 44 teeth

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Paddy is definitely a bit shouty, but the general public seem to like his work so I'm happy enough to put up with him if it keeps Topgear popular enough so stay on TV.

Good replacement would be Henry Catchpole but maybe he would be too similar to Chris Harris.
I think the dynamic would be wrong if it was Flintoff and 2 car nerds.

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
Drives
Corvette
I really cant get into the new Top Gear. I have tried so many times but the relationships between the presenters just seems so forced. I dont know why but it comes across as a bit Blue Peter. Like they are trying to cater to the mass (which is no bad thing) but they are lacking any form of natural fun. Looks like a bunch of co-workers on a team building exercise.

I find Hoovies, Tavarish and Vinwiki car trek series more watchable even though they are essentially amateur presenters.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Chris Evans was the worst choice anyone ever made. Shmee would be loved in comparison lol

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Anyone else this Freddie is more watchable this series ? I certainly think he has had some professional lessons on steering etc
Totally I was thinking the same re lessons!

Tbh I loved the line up from the start. looked a lot less staged than Clarkson etc. I'd stopped watching Top Gear for a long time until the new line up.

G Wagon was awesome, but serious ££

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
It's an entertainment show. That just so happens to have car content. BBC know what they are doing with Flintoff and paddy to bring the ladies to the ratings. Harris is there for the boys 🤣

I think they're really getting the chemistry right. Everyone has rose tinted glasses when it comes to the Clarkson/Hammond/may era. It wasn't that good towards the end.

The dad's cars based episode was one of the best episodes I've watched in all the years I've been watching top gear. They've had a great series despite being restricted to staying in the UK. Roll on when the restrictions lift and they can start filming in more exotic locations! 😃

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Think it's the fact that as you say genuinely seem to be having a laugh and would be great craic in person and down to earth, not a bunch of stuck up boys trying to be funny for TV.