Top gear

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
What an outrageous statement!

I had no issue with Evans to be honest.
Yea, Jason Dawes wasn't that bad!

I'll be honest, I watched the first couple with Evans, and it was bottom of the barrel garbage TV, even worse than the last few series with the usual 3.

Everything they tried with Evans at the helm was cringeworthy awfulness. It really took for it to be the Matt LeBlanc and Chris Harris show for it to start the turnaround to be watchable, then it has become very, very good again now.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Neither Matt nor Chris H would have been anywhere near the show without Chris E though.

Agree it was best with Matt and Chris H.

Robert

RMS Trader
Anyone else feel that a TG trip to Iceland deserved to be made into a special as opposed to the relatively boring feature it was? Maybe it was because Freddie was missing that to me it seemed a bit of a let down. I just feel it could have been done so much better in what is an amazing country. I enjoyed watching Alexander Armstrong’s recent series in Iceland more tbh.

Least entertaining episode of the series so far for me.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
It should have been the best episode in the series, but so far it's the worst. They just don't seem to gel when all of them are on the screen at the same time, it all imo comes across as a bit forced, even the studio segments arn't that great TBH

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Anyone else feel that a TG trip to Iceland deserved to be made into a special as opposed to the relatively boring feature it was? Maybe it was because Freddie was missing that to me it seemed a bit of a let down. I just feel it could have been done so much better in what is an amazing country. I enjoyed watching Alexander Armstrong’s recent series in Iceland more tbh.

Least entertaining episode of the series so far for me.
the strongman item was particularly poor I felt.

But yeah a special where they had to go to active volcano, collect lava and get it back to a spa or something could have been cool. Mod the cars to suit the heat etc etc Iceland is a bucket list for me, and I was hoping for more from it. Also the Stig was random as he's been in it so little then a lap time in the corvette and then Iceland.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
I think my conclusion is fruit loop freddie makes the show entertaining with the giggle factor, chris because he can seriously steer a car, and mcguiness for his annoyance.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
It was fairly flat after the first two fantastic episodes for sure. Glad to see a RHD C8 Corvette finally!

MarkM

RMS Regular
I think my conclusion is fruit loop freddie makes the show entertaining with the giggle factor, chris because he can seriously steer a car, and mcguiness for his annoyance.

Definitely takes all three there to make it work, still some laughs but not great

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I didn't mind the Iceland bit at all, thought it was great. Yes, would have been better with all three there but hey, not the first time they've gone just two of them. Last time TG went there it was Chris and Freddie.

That and I don't think people appreciate just how rough those F-roads are.

They did mess up the strongman bit, lol, what was the point of that 😅 🤫

The Corvette - I'm sure it's nice and all, but come on, 400bhp from a honking big V8? At 75k? A 2l hot hatch does that these days. I bet an Emira will be quicker for a bit less.

I'd love a Z06 though :innocent:

But yeah a special where they had to go to active volcano, collect lava and get it back to a spa or something could have been cool
Erm, James May did that on TG about ten years ago :innocent:

MarkM

RMS Regular
I didn't mind the Iceland bit at all, thought it was great. Yes, would have been better with all three there but hey, not the first time they've gone just two of them. Last time TG went there it was Chris and Freddie.

That and I don't think people appreciate just how rough those F-roads are.

The Corvette - I'm sure it's nice and all, but come on, 400bhp from a honking big V8? At 75k? A 2l hot hatch does that these days. I bet an Emira will be quicker for a bit less.

I'd love a Z06 though :innocent:

Erm, James May did that on TG about ten years ago :innocent:

480 bhp wasn’t it? :eyes: We had the corvette or Emira discussion lol Emma would have the Vette, I’ll have Emira :grinning:

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well, still not much from a 6l V8 at 75k :innocent:

I'm sure there's a supercharged version in the wings, but if the standard car runs to 75k with a bit of leather then the sc won't come cheap I imagine.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Well, still not much from a 6l V8 at 75k :innocent:

I'm sure there's a supercharged version in the wings, but if the standard car runs to 75k with a bit of leather then the sc won't come cheap I imagine.

It’s still epic, in fact the only thing stopping me buying one is the horrible allegro steering wheel, oh well that and the near £80k 8-|

Dave..

RMS Regular
I really enjoyed this episode. Laughed at Harris in the Chevette and the pounding he took over the rough ground.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
480 bhp wasn’t it? :eyes: We had the corvette or Emira discussion lol Emma would have the Vette, I’ll have Emira :grinning:
One each, job done :innocent:

We're in luck, there is already a Z06 version, lol. And they haven't just whacked a supercharger on this time. It's natasp, 670bhp, dry sump, flat crank, and revs to 8.5k 😁 Now that's more like it! No manual though, dct auto only.

No price yet but wouldn't expect much change from 100k.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Just catching up on this now and I'd hazard a guess and say Chris H needs some new unripped next boxers 🤣 anyone else notice that when he got out of the vauxhall at the drag strip and the BBC advertising next branded clothing

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3

I would hazard a guess it wasn't originally scripted as it was only a two presenter activity. I would guess that originaly something else was planned and when Flintoff couldn't make it they had to organise something else quickly

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think you are right. In fairness the Icelandic guys were good sport. Pulling a truck in a wet grassy field was never going to work, lol, but he made a good effort :cool:

Dave..

RMS Regular
I had cobra Monaco’s in a rally car at a time. After a weekend rallying in wales, I was a broken man. Mind you, not as broken as my navigator who had to drive the car to wales and then home again!
I knew a guy in the 80’s who bought a mk2 rally car thinking it would be great fun doing 60 miles a day in it. I think he lasted a week. Between the fumes and the noise he was wrecked. 😂😂

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Good episode enjoyed that. Class seeing Harris bombing round Spelga in a Delorean! In September I passed a Delorean in my Silvia and got a wave from the driver....I wonder...🤔

Fair play to big Fred. He has all the balls in the world but didn't have the talent to match but good to see he's finally finding his bearings. Think doing that test should be a requirement for being a Top Gear presenter. Paddy next!😂👍🏻