Top gear

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
@svensktoppen realistically though, you are going to be reimbursed for any war wounds if need be. If they completely total it, thats unlucky but also unlikely.

I'd happily hand over the keys to Harris, VBH & the likes. It would definitely be a good talking point for the car too when taking it to shows etc.

It's all about the experience. Me and my mates have always driven each others cars, we know the risks but they're worth taking as I've got to say I've driven loads of my childhood hero cars because of it. I'm always happy to let my close friends drive my Silvia, get their opinions and see their faces as they are also big kids like me who just love driving something different and interesting and we get to talk about it after and compare. Would that not be a very interesting convo getting Harris' opinion on your own car etc? I think that would be brilliant!

I agree, would be cool to see Harris driving my car on TV. Although I probably wouldn’t want Paddy driving it. :joy:

6C282362-5F33-4F39-BD19-650FF42A98B4.jpeg

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Pretty sure the value of the hired recce V90 definately wont have increased after being used by TG over the two days 8o| lol

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
Been bought out 6 years ago by Linamar who make anything and everything to do with engines, powertrain, structural, EV, hydrogen.
Shorts/Bombardier or whatever they're called now no longer there? I worked there when it was Shorts composite facility and Montupet had taken the other 2/3rd's of the site but that was years ago.

Yip. And bound to increase the value over the rest. ‘‘As featured on Top Gear’’.
Lol. I'm reminded of when a noob appeared on MLR years ago and announced that not only had he just bought his dream car, an Evo 8 FQ400, but he'd actually managed to buy the FQ400 that started the love and that was the TG car...

Being an old press car it's history was well documented and it turned out it had been written off by journo's at least twice, re-shelled at least once and also had some fire involved in one of the write off's.

The owner went quiet after that but on the flip side it would've had that much replaced and repaired on it whilst Mitsubishi owned it that it would've been an almost new car when they sold it on after a few years.

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
@Dynam0humm, that story reminds me of the "chassis number 0" Tommy Mak that sold on auction recently for something like 140k, lol.

There is no "chassis 0", it was just one from the first batch of a special edition to get to the UK that Mitsubishi UK grabbed as their press car. And then it spent 20 years being flogged to death by random dudes and dudettes who literally couldn't care less. That's what they really bought.

And don't get me started on all the "all original, never resprayed, never seen rain" Elises and other cars like that being flogged now based on nothing but having been owned at some point by some "well known" dude on a forum, etc. And you scratch the surface and it's the usual patchy paint and rusted suspension and shot bushes, etc., same as any other car. There was an Elise sold at Silverstone Auctions earlier this year for ridiculous money that was exactly like that.

Sorry, rant over, lol. Just people be crazy, jumping on any Interweb bandwagon...

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
What is the DMC factory used for now?

Linemar formally Montupet and the other half is occupied by Spirit formally Bombardier - worked on both sites as a contractor and employee respectively, massive area!

I was the maintenance supervisor at the Bombardier factory when DMC had a reunion for maybe the 30th year?? Had to tour a load of yanks about the factory and the track was all cleared up for them at the time - think a delorean member on here was involved too but i cant remember his username. Shame the track isnt kept clear - always wanted to propose a go kart circuit there, be a cool business.

And the episode, LOVED the Victor, what a car! Wasn't hugely fussed on the Iceland skit but still cool to see the drag racing and scenery, Fred was missing ultimately

Who else wants to be a race driver??? :joy:

This was 2017

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Am I the only one that thinks it should have pop up lights or there’s something missing on the bonnet?

Lovely car and colour is great too

KevM

RMS Regular
Not much to dislike about that episode to be honest.

I'm a bit of a Delorean fan, and it was funny to see Harris pushing one sideways!! & that Aston. How can you not like a car thats shooting flames out of side-pipes whilst shredding the two rears?? As for Freddie, thats something we'd all love to be doing. Especially in a Ginetta!

Enjoyed it all.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Muira part was good I thought. That Lada was lovely too.

But yea actual challenges were a bit meh.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Well, at least we've the grand tour to look forward to next week

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Guess I'm the only one who enjoyed it 🤷🏻‍♂️

The MG was my favourite. I really didn't want the paint bomb to explode but when it did, so did I😂 bloody hillarious!😂

I agree with @BrookST I dont know why they couldn't have finished with the Eddie Kidd episode.

Enjoyed the series though. Looking forward to the Christmas special👍🏻

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
I'm disappointed they didn't set off the other paint bombs just for the laugh! 😂 Had already went to the effort of taping off the whole interior...

Not a particularly great episode to end on. I wonder what format the Christmas special will be.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Guess I'm the only one who enjoyed it 🤷🏻‍♂️

The MG was my favourite. I really didn't want the paint bomb to explode but when it did, so did I😂 bloody hillarious!😂

I agree with @BrookST I dont know why they couldn't have finished with the Eddie Kidd episode.

Enjoyed the series though. Looking forward to the Christmas special👍🏻

I agree, I enjoyed it. Anything with a Miura in it is going to be good though. :heart_eyes: