Top gear

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
They seriously need to drop the guest bit, it’s absolute rubbish.

Hats off on the Colin McRae bit, fantastic.

loved the M8, however if I had 120k to spend on a car it wouldn’t even be on my list.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Absolutely loved the McRea section, one of my personal hero's.

The M8 was just OK but everything else was crap, disappointed they ended (what was largely an impressively improved season over previous years) with a knackered old ambulance and chain car racing....

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
They're really scraping the "celeb" barrel! As in way past the bottom and into the dirt underneath :innocent: Thank lord for ff...

Other than that another brilliant episode. Obviously the Colin bit, but also the emergency services race. That was hilarious 😁

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
The McRae piece, stunning. When I saw the actual championship winning car my face hit the floor. You can see how happy it made Harris, he took it by the scruff of the neck too, just friggin right!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I really enjoyed tonight’s episode, the McRae bit was excellent.....would now be a good time to sell? :laughing:

bob

RMS Regular
I really enjoyed tonight’s episode, the McRae bit was excellent.....would now be a good time to sell? :laughing:

A friend sold his series McRae Impreza on the morning of Colins death, it jumped several grand in value within a few hours from memory.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Was surprised to see Dave Richards getting so emotional about Colin's death even after all this time.

Was impressive to see how well the big fire engine handled.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Was surprised to see Dave Richards getting so emotional about Colin's death even after all this time.

Was impressive to see how well the big fire engine handled.

Yea, Im guessing there was no water in the fire engine!

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
mcrae bit great.......... brought me back to why i bought my evo 2 subaru limited edition in Oz...... 20 !! years ago... blue with gold wheels as i kept telling my kids last night while watching that !! absolutely great piece of TV last night

jonspeed04

RMS Regular
Drives
Carlos Brennan
Had a series mc Rae in 05 . At the time not very desirable believe it or not .
IMG_0995.PNG

Last I heard Davy mc crory in Antrim Had it .

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
Watching the McRae sequence also reminded me how awesome Carlos Sainz is. So fast, talented at multiple sports and seems to be a gentleman. A great role model for kids everywhere in my opinion

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Watched this morning, goose bumps the whole way through the McRae bit. Brilliant that his family still own the car, and nice to have the people closest to him interviewed.

I dont follow any motorsport at all these days, but the rallying from back then was just epic. Used to love watching it with dad. So many memories!

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Watching the McRae sequence also reminded me how awesome Carlos Sainz is. So fast, talented at multiple sports and seems to be a gentleman. A great role model for kids everywhere in my opinion

And he is still super fast, he won the Dakar rally in January.
Should have been at least a 4 time WRC champion. He should have won in McRae's year, 1995, and he should have won in 1998 but the Toyota stopped within sight of the finish line in GB.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
And he is still super fast, he won the Dakar rally in January.
Should have been at least a 4 time WRC champion. He should have won in McRae's year, 1995, and he should have won in 1998 but the Toyota stopped within sight of the finish line in GB.
I still remember Tommi Makkinen's face when he took a call while being interviewed on TV to say Sainz was out and he was champion. 90s and early 00s WRC was the golden era for me.