Top gear

Dave..

RMS Regular
Enjoyed that episode, especially paddy getting run over by the ball. The Polestar looked like an excellent piece of kit but I wasn't keen on the Merc. That trailer tent was some job!
Just watch what a trailer tent goes through in Australia, they have been using blow up trailer tents for a while.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Enjoyed that this week!

That lambo would look epic without all the stickers though. Some car that.

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
Enjoyed that this week!

That lambo would look epic without all the stickers though. Some car that.
It does look great minus all the tat -

610343aff9cf633453d5032c_Exterior-Front%20Quarter.jpg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Chillis were hilarious, especially at the end, looked like he was having a stroke! The challenge was a bit long winded to be honest but it is TG after all. I think they have found the best trio!

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
2 out of 3 know nothing about cars, but they're still entering!

At least the old boys before them where all petrolheads which made it funny when they argued about which car was best etc. That sort of banter is gone now. Sort of feel like Harris is on his own wanting to talk about cars on a car show and the other 2 aren't interested.

I love the show, don't get me wrong and these 3 are fantastic characters, especially Harris. But best 3? Nah.

Tbh it bottomed out with Chris Evans the only possible way to go from there was up😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I agree with @TheDaniel, the car connection is very slim and I miss that.

Still entertaining mind, just more chillies and slime and water balloons (or worse...) than anything car related.

At least James and Jeremy were more genuinely interested in the cars beyond all the purile stuff, lol.

For me it peaked with Harris and LeBlanc. That was peak Top Gear. In fact, those two with Freddie instead of poor Rory would have been epic 😅

Funnily enough, have just been making my way through the very first years of "new" TG. It's all on iPlayer now. The first season was just dire, lol, I have no idea how they survived. These days they would have been kicked off the air, it really was that terrible.

When James joined in season 2 it really started to gel though. Still took another few years to end up with the entertainment format we now love, big challenges and all that.

Anyway, it's all good fun of a Sunday night. What more could anyone ask for :cool:

MarkM

RMS Regular
I agree with @TheDaniel, the car connection is very slim and I miss that.

Still entertaining mind, just more chillies and slime and water balloons (or worse...) than anything car related.

At least James and Jeremy were more genuinely interested in the cars beyond all the purile stuff, lol.

For me it peaked with Harris and LeBlanc. That was peak Top Gear. In fact, those two with Freddie instead of poor Rory would have been epic 😅

Funnily enough, have just been making my way through the very first years of "new" TG. It's all on iPlayer now. The first season was just dire, lol, I have no idea how they survived. These days they would have been kicked off the air, it really was that terrible.

When James joined in season 2 it really started to gel though. Still took another few years to end up with the entertainment format we now love, big challenges and all that.

Anyway, it's all good fun of a Sunday night. What more could anyone ask for :cool:

I hated LeBlanc, couldn't watch TG, these 3 have won me over though, not particularly a fan of two of therm on their own but together they have such a laugh it works

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Ever since "new" Topgear started there has been viewers complaining about some aspect of it, even during the Clarkson, Hammond and May era of it. Then it was they do too many skits and not enough car reviews (hands up who would actually want to watch a 10 minute review segment of some hyundai crossover?), whereas now it appears to be are the presenters enough of a car bore.

It probably the best it's been since the original "new" trio left but it's never going to please absolutely everyone.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Easy to forget how bad the last few BBC series by the original 3 were as well but I think at their peak they were the best by far, but the current 3 are 2nd place with a mile to the rest of the "new" top gear ones , didn't like anyone in the other versions.

KevM

RMS Regular
I dont miss Clarkson and the boyos.

Matt was great with Chris, but I enjoy the pointless crap Paddy, Fred and him get up to now. It makes no sense, but deep down, we'd all love to be doing it too. I like that you know it probably is Harris doing the 120mph drift past the camera and not some stunt-double in a Grey wig.
Its Car themed entertainment on a Sunday evening. Whats not to like??

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Fred dailies a 10 year old 997 Turbo and has a Murcielago in the garage. He's into his motors.

Lots of rich people have nice cars it doesn't mean they know much about them🤷🏻‍♂️ .. I think he comes across like he has a mild interest but not backed up with knowledge. He's definitely more in the know than Paddy I feel, but It's a good thing they're entertaining!

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Think there a great laugh and have that chemistry together and always look forward to Sunday to watch Top gear shame it's only 5episodes,look at Clarkson he knows nothing about farming but his show is a laugh too and has a huge audience.
This week's episode of Top gear looks great in Iceland.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Really enjoyed it. The last couple of weeks I’ve watched it with Mrs Lyons, and each time she scoffs about having to watch Top Gear. Only to be in stitches herself soon after it starts.

I’m a big fan of the 3 of them, work really well together.

I echo Sven above, LeBlanc and Harris was the peak for me.

redxl77

RMS Regular
When C/M/H TG ended I practically stopped watching the programme. It went from being a programme you'd watch with your dad to something aimed at 'the lads'.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I don't quite get all the animosity towards Chris E...

I know he came across a bit, well, over excited, lol. But that's just how he is.

He did move the show on in a big way. He brought on people like Matt L and Jason B that would never be there otherwise. He made more, and more regular, use of Sabine.

Ok, he did also bring on Eddie, maybe that wasn't the brightest move, lol 😅

But in every other way he raised the show massively.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I don't quite get all the animosity towards Chris E...

I know he came across a bit, well, over excited, lol. But that's just how he is.

He did move the show on in a big way. He brought on people like Matt L and Jason B that would never be there otherwise. He made more, and more regular, use of Sabine.

Ok, he did also bring on Eddie, maybe that wasn't the brightest move, lol 😅

But in every other way he raised the show massively.
He nearly killed TG stone dead. Thankfully there were enough other elements in the show to keep it going, and that he left. He was terrible fit, despite being a great broadcaster in other areas.