Top gear

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
In September I passed a Delorean in my Silvia and got a wave from the driver....I wonder...🤔

It was filmed 10th Sep so quite possibly.

Chris was wanting a dander around the test track after filming so would have been rude not to oblige. Genuinely nice fella who talked cars as much off camera.

IMG_20210910_155503-01.jpeg

RMS even had a hand in them selecting the Mournes to film in.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I’m assuming you got working with David then too? I went to school him, nice fella.
It was filmed 10th Sep so quite possibly.

Chris was wanting a dander around the test track after filming so would have been rude not to oblige. Genuinely nice fella who talked cars as much off camera.

View attachment 343421

RMS even had a hand in them selecting the Mournes to film in.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Really enjoyed that episode, good on flintoff getting the license and going racing.

Would love to do the driver development with Ginetta…for £1500 😬

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
I’m assuming you got working with David then too? I went to school him, nice fella.

Is that somebody from TG team? Was dealing mainly with Sacha who was organising everything, then briefly Jon for the filming bit at site.
Was interesting seeing the amount of effort that goes into getting what amounts to very little time on screen.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Great episode.

If it’s not a stupid question where was the track the Delorean was on?

c_rad

RMS Regular
Really enjoyable episode last night, really seemed to have hit the sweet spot with this new format. Long may it continue. All three gel well together.

That Victor is just perfection for me, everything I love about cars. It's like it was plucked from my own imagination.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Is that somebody from TG team? Was dealing mainly with Sacha who was organising everything, then briefly Jon for the filming bit at site.
Was interesting seeing the amount of effort that goes into getting what amounts to very little time on screen.
Sorry, he’s the fella who owns the DMC Chris was driving around.

E0EEE9FD-821F-4573-94B1-7200CA590E99.jpeg

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Sorry, he’s the fella who owns the DMC Chris was driving around.

Ahh, yes got chatting to him also, was down round the track too. Brave man giving his car up for filming as they really did cover some milage. Car was excellent condition. That was my mug ruining his photo trying to get out of camera shot 8o|:joy:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Great episode!

I know everyone goes on about the DB4/5, but for me the V8 Vantage was always the dream Aston. And the Victor is the perfect tribute, just the right mix of modern and retro. Just brilliant. And that engine 🥰

Can't believe they let Paddy out in it, lol. Guess he needed something to do this week 😅

The Delorean and Freddie were great features too.

They really are gelling together, and the format so much better too without all the "celebrity" and news and "cool boards" and all that. Not even missing the power laps.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
What is the DMC factory used for now?

Volume varies a bit but historically about 10% of all cars sold every year in Europe have a cylinder head from Dunmurry. Currently Ford commercial diesel cylinder heads, Ford eco blue heads, Ford 3 cyl ecoboost heads, VW VR6 heads, PSA HDI heads, JLR 6 cyl diesel heads and structural components for new Range Rovers.
Been bought over since Montupet.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, just did a quick Google. Montupet took over the buildings after DMC folded.

French maker of car components.

Edit: Montupet got bought up by a Canadian company called Linamar a few years ago. But the factory is still there making cylinder heads and other car components.

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
A press car or film car isn't getting treated with cotton gloves. I wouldn't give over my own pride and joy. My mechanic can drive it because I have no choice then but nobody else 😅

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
@svensktoppen realistically though, you are going to be reimbursed for any war wounds if need be. If they completely total it, thats unlucky but also unlikely.

I'd happily hand over the keys to Harris, VBH & the likes. It would definitely be a good talking point for the car too when taking it to shows etc.

It's all about the experience. Me and my mates have always driven each others cars, we know the risks but they're worth taking as I've got to say I've driven loads of my childhood hero cars because of it. I'm always happy to let my close friends drive my Silvia, get their opinions and see their faces as they are also big kids like me who just love driving something different and interesting and we get to talk about it after and compare. Would that not be a very interesting convo getting Harris' opinion on your own car etc? I think that would be brilliant!